25 Things moms do before 8am - hilarious!
Moms have a busy schedule to follow each day with their kids in tow. Here are the many things moms do before 8am.
Once you're a parent, you're always in a race with time to accomplish a gazillion things within the hour (or at max, 2 hours) before your kids set out for school. Coffee? What coffee?
Here’s a list of the things moms do before 8am (and we’re sure we’ve missed out some):
1. Wake the kids up
2. Put the kettle on for some coffee (often with a tiny tot attached to your ankles)
3. Wake the kids up again
4. Brush their teeth (while nagging that they’re going to be late for school, and you, for work)
5. Iron their school uniforms
6. Check that their school bags are packed
7. Dress them (and try to explain that a tutu to school is a no-no)
8. Make several different breakfasts for your fussy troop- NOT yours though
9. Deal with poop
10. Pack their lunch boxes
11. Give them pocket money
12. Make sure they’re actually eating their breakfast
13. Jump in for the world’s quickest shower - come on, you can do it!
14. Deal with an emergency (sibling fight) that has occurred in your absence (and change someone’s clothes if food was involved)
15. Remind your husband that you’re Superwoman and demand a lovely (read:expensive) gift at the end of the week
16. Feed them their vitamins
17. Brush your hair quickly and put something on (blouse, skirt, oh whatever)
18. Comb everyone else's hair (try negotiating with your little princess that fancy braid days are strictly on the weekends)
19. Hunt down your mobile, handbag and grab your now cold coffee
20. Clear breakfast mess and make a mental note to thank your mom for buying you a dishwasher
21. Pick up all the Lego pieces you step on, on the way to the door
22. Fight the urge to call you boss and say you’re taking a sick leave
23. Run back in to grab your laptop… and car keys…. and glasses (what else? what else?)
24. Usher those small people out the main door, and towards the car
25. Drop every child off to the right place and kiss them goodbye (here’s where you look at their adorable faces and know it’s all worth it)
Phew! Ok now, where’s that coffee?
Republished with permission from: theAsianparent Singapore
If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the topic, please share them in our Comment box below. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ to stay up-to-date on the latest from theAsianparent.com Philippines!