Toys play a critical role in a baby's development. It plays a role in their sensory development, cognitive development, motor development, social and emotional development, creativity and imagination.
Toys for 3 month old baby that can help with their development
Toys with different textures, colors, and shapes can help a baby develop their sensory skills, including their sense of touch, sight, and hearing.
- Sensory development: Toys with different textures, colors, and shapes can help a baby develop their sensory skills, including their sense of touch, sight, and hearing.
- Cognitive development: Toys can help babies develop their problem-solving skills, memory, and language skills. For example, toys that require a baby to stack blocks or sort shapes can help them develop their cognitive abilities.
- Motor development: Toys can help babies develop their motor skills, including their ability to grasp, reach, and manipulate objects.
- Social and emotional development: Toys can help babies learn about social interactions and emotions. For example, dolls and stuffed animals can help a baby learn about empathy and nurturing.
- Creativity and imagination: Toys that allow for open-ended play can help babies develop their creativity and imagination, as they are encouraged to explore and experiment with different objects.
[caption id="attachment_476966" align="aligncenter" width="670"] Image from Shutterstock[/caption]
It's important to provide babies with a variety of toys that are appropriate for their age and developmental level. Additionally, parents should always supervise their babies when they are playing with toys to ensure their safety. Overall, toys can play an important role in a baby's growth and development.
Toys for 3 month old baby
At three months old, babies are beginning to develop their senses and motor skills. Here are some toy suggestions that may be appropriate for a 3 month old baby:
- Soft toys: Soft toys that make gentle noises or are textured can provide sensory stimulation for a baby.
- Rattles: Babies at this age are often fascinated by noises and will enjoy shaking a rattle to make sounds.
- Activity mats: These mats often have toys that hang from above, providing visual stimulation for a baby.
- Teething toys: Teething toys can provide relief for a baby who may be experiencing discomfort from teething.
- Board books: Board books with bright colors and simple images can provide visual stimulation for a baby and help develop their visual and cognitive skills.
- Stuffed animals: Stuffed animals that are safe for babies to play with can provide comfort and companionship for a baby
- Play gyms: Play gyms often have toys that hang from above, encouraging a baby to reach and grab, developing their motor skills.
[caption id="attachment_476969" align="aligncenter" width="670"] Image from Shutterstock[/caption]
Here are some of the toy brands for your little one that you can buy online:
If you are looking for a baby rattle toy to give your 3-month old, try Infantino Cool and Chew Teether Keys. This baby rattle is safe for newborn babies since it is made with materials that are BPA-free, phthalates-free, lead-free and mercury-free.
This easy-grasp baby rattle can be used as teether as well. It is uniquely designed and multi-textured. The design and texture of this rattle toy helps with your baby’s sensory learning and provides teething relief.
Features we love:
- Made from non-toxic materials.
- Promotes sensory learning.
Included on our list is the affordable Kangaroomom Baby Rattles Teether. Although this toy costs less compared to other baby rattles, it offers the same function and quality. It is made with baby-safe silicone material and can also be used as a teether.
This baby rattle toy comes with colorful designs, which is also helpful with your little one's visual skill improvement. This pocket-friendly baby rattle is lightweight so this is suitable even for babies below one year old.
Features we love:
- Made with baby-safe silicone material
This rattle toy from Blithe Baby is made from non-toxic materials, that is why it is perfect to give to your little one as a teether as well.
Aside from that, this rattle toy has smooth edges and strong enough to withstand chewing. Very easy to clean and can be sterilized too. And we are so sure that this toy will catch your baby's attention since it comes with colorful and fun designs.
Features we love:
- 2-in-1 rattle toy and teether
- Soft and with smooth edges
- Easy to clean
It's important to always supervise a baby when they are playing with toys and ensure that the toys are appropriate for their age and development level.
Toys that are not allowed for 3 month old babies
Remember always prioritize safety when choosing toys for your baby. Make sure that the toy is age-appropriate and does not pose a choking hazard. Avoid toys with small or loose parts that can easily break off or be swallowed.
[caption id="attachment_476970" align="aligncenter" width="670"] Image from Shutterstock[/caption]
Editor's note: The product links provided here are aimed to help simplify product searches for our readers. Purchase the items at your own discretion. We do not take liability for any transaction issues and dispute. If you purchase an item from this post, theAsianparent may receive a small cut. Each item and price is up to date at the time of publication; however, an item may be sold out or the price may be different at a later date.