14-week-old baby girl choked to death from a headband
A 14-week-old baby girl reportedly suffocated after the headband slipped and covered her nose and mouth while she was sleeping.
A 14-week-old baby girl reportedly choked to death after the big bow headband that she was wearing slipped and covered her nose and mouth while she was asleep.
"Her nose and mouth wasn't moving... she had passed away"
A 14-week-old baby girl reportedly choked to death after the big bow headband that she was wearing slipped and covered her nose and mouth while she was asleep. According to a Facebook post shared by a friend of the child's mother.
In the now deleted post, she writes:
"Putting this warning out for all mums who have wee babies and use the big bow headbands on them. My friend has sadly just lost her 14 week old daughter whilst she thought she was sleeping in her carry cot after a long walk. When she came to check on her she had the bow headband down over her wee nose and mouth and wasn't moving.. she had passed away.
"Post mortem revealed death due to suffocation asphyxiation.
"She wanted me to share for other new mums the danger some of these baby fashion accessories can have."
Parents should always be extra careful when buying baby products
While we can all agree that what happened was an accident, parents should always keep their baby's safety as one of their primary concerns.
Which is why when it comes to buying baby products, all moms and dads should be extra vigilant and make sure that what they're buying would be safe for their child.
Here are some helpful tips that you should always keep in mind:
- When it comes to your baby's toys, make sure that they're age-appropriate, and that they don't contain any harmful chemicals. You can usually check if a baby product is safe when you see certifications or safety labels that show the product has been tested and proven to have no harmful chemicals.
- Cheap isn't always the way to go. In some cases, it's always better to buy the more expensive item than to try and save a few pesos and cheap out on your baby.
- Talk to other parents, and ask about their recommendations. Talking to other moms and dads and asking about which products they recommend is pretty helpful, especially for first time parents. This lets you have an idea of what things you need to look for when it comes to baby products.
- If you're unsure, ask your pediatrician. As always, your pediatrician knows best, and they'll be the first to know if there are certain products that are unsafe for your kids, so you can ask them about it.
- Keep yourself updated. Make sure to check if there are any product recalls or warnings when it comes to baby products. These usually happen in the cases of toys, baby medicine, or baby food. So always keep yourself updated so you know that what you're giving your baby is safe for them.
Be sure to check out ParentTown for more insightful stories, questions, and answers from parents and experts alike. If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the topic, please share them in our Comment box below. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ to stay up-to-date on the latest from theAsianparent.com Philippines!