Can’t get enough of this adobo recipe
Looking for an adobo recipe that you and your family will want to have over and over again? Try this one made with chicken and pork.
Adobo is one of the most widely known Filipino dishes all over the world. With practically every family having its own specially formulated adobo recipe, there is no end to how many different versions of this delicious dish you can get to try.
You, too, can make your own chicken and pork adobo recipe at home, or you could try this one, which is inspired by celebrity mom, Kris Aquino's version.
Chicken and pork adobo
- ½ kg chicken, cut into serving sizes
- ½ kg pork belly, cubed
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- Olive oil
- Patis, to taste
- Cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 3 pcs bay leaf
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- Heat olive oil in a deep pan or pot. Saute minced garlic quickly in the hot oil.
- Add cubed pork and season with cracked black pepper and patis.
- When the pork is half cooked, add the chicken pieces. Season with more cracked black pepper and patis as needed.
- Once chicken is browned, add vinegar and bay leaf. You may opt to use spiced or seasoned vinegar, sukang sasa, or any other vinegar you prefer to add flavor to this dish. Simmer for a few minutes until the strong vinegar smell disappears.
- Add brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Stir and continue to simmer.
- Add soy sauce and simmer for a few more minutes until the sauce thickens. Serve hot.
If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the topic, please share them in our Comment box below. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ to stay up-to-date on the latest from theAsianparent.com Philippines!