12-year-old accidentally shoots cousin with improvised gun!

lead image

A 4-year-old girl from Cebu died after her cousin accidentally shot her with their grandfather's improvised gun, which was used to scare off animals.

A four-year-old girl in Adlaon, Cebu City died after she was accidentally shot with an improvised gun by her 12-year-old cousin.

Their grandfather owned the improvised gun

According to reports, the two cousins, a four-year-old girl, and a 12-year-old boy, were visiting their grandfather's house for the summer.

There, they found the improvised gun, and soon after, the 12-year old accidentally shot his younger cousin.  

SPO2 Rommel Bancog of the homicide section of the Cebu City Police Office adds, "The locals call it saplong. But it’s an improvised gas-operated replica loaded with marble which hit the girl’s left chest."

He added that the marble pierced the girl's chest, and became embedded inside.

Her relatives rushed her to the hospital. But sadly, she was declared dead on arrival.

They will be giving the 12-year-old a stress debriefing

Social workers from the DSWD will be assessing the 12-year-old in order to find out if he needs to undergo counseling after what happened.

Additionally, the victim's family does not have any plans of filing a case against the child.

SPO2 Bancog added, "He seemed to be in shock. He may have to go counseling or stress debriefing but since he’s a minor, we can’t file a case against him."

 

Source: Sunstar

READ: Toddler dies after falling from a first floor window