10 delicious milk-boosting recipes for breastfeeding moms
This Indian recipe using tapioca pearls – which some moms swear boosts their milk supply – is creamy, delicious, and a great dessert.
- 1/3 cup tapioca or sago pearls
- ¼ cup sugar
- 5 cups milk
- 6 to 8 cashew nuts, chopped
- 5 almonds, blanched and slivered
- a few strands of saffron
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon ghee
1. Soak the tapioca pearls (in just enough water to cover them) for 1 hour. The pearls should look fluffy and plump after soaking.
2. Heat the ghee and roast the nuts (cashews and almonds) and raisins separately.
3. Soak saffron in a tablespoon of milk.
4. In a heavy bottomed pan, bring the milk to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
5. Add the soaked tapioca pearls to the milk and cook until soft. Keep stirring every now and then so that they get cooked evenly.
6. Add saffron and sugar and cook until sugar dissolves. Then add the nuts, raisins, and cardamom powder. Mix well and serve hot or cold.