These are perfect for dads who like making quick and easy meals for the whole family to enjoy together!
Stumbling upon Matt Robinson's inspired creations was a treat. The foodie dad of three growing, energetic boys and the husband of a food blogger, Matt delights his steadily growing following with his creative but simple creations.
We've put together 11 of our favorites from his famous blog, Real Food by Dad. Enjoy!
1. Pizza Bombs
This fun recipe can make up to 10 pieces of pizza bombs. We haven't tried it but it looks very promising: an explosion of goodness from the first bite to the last.
source: realfoodbydad on instagram
What you will need
- 10 slices of organic, whole grain bread, crusts removed
- 1½ cups of mozzarella cheese
- 20 slices of pepperoni
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 6 cups of canola oil
How to make it
- Smash each bread until flattened
- Place 2 slices of pepperoni in the center of each bread layer adding 1 tbsp of mozzarella cheese
- Fold corners to the center and pinch together
- Brush and seal it with egg with your fingers
- Place assembled pizza bomb with the edges facing down
- Repeat assembling, until all the pizza bombs are assembled
- While making the pizza bombs, heat canola oil in a pot over medium-high heat (until 350 degrees)
- Drop pizza bombs into oil one by one
- Cook until browned and puffy, 3 to 4 minutes. (Remember to turn it once.)
- Transfer to wire rack using a slotted spoon
- Let it cool for a bit
- Once it's warm, serve with pizza sauce
Learn how to make delectable Philly Cheesesteak Wraps on the next page