Whether mamas need to express their breast milk or want to build a breast milk supply, mamas will need a reliable pump. A breast pump is designed to mimic a baby’s sucking action, and one of its types is the electric breast pump.
One of the advantages of using one is it does the work for mamas. It’s also faster at expressing milk compared to the manual version. In this article, discover the lowdown on an electric breast pump for an easier and more comfortable breastfeeding journey.
What Is an Electric Breast Pump?
For mamas who need to express themselves regularly or express themselves exclusively, an electric breast pump is more robust and faster than a manual breast pump.
But how does it differ from a manual breast pump? As its name suggests, an electric breast pump works with a power outlet or battery. It also comes in different models where mamas can choose between a single or double breast expression.
By using one, mamas have one free hand to do other tasks or time to relax! Mamas can move more freely since you only have to place the cup over their breasts, and the suction is created for you.
Plus, an electric pump is a more effective and efficient way to draw out milk for storing and bottle feeding because it has a power source.
Mamas can even customize their pumping experience as it offers a variety of pumping modes, like an expression and massage mode.
The Advantages of an Electric Breast Pump
A mother’s breastfeeding journey won’t be complete without the help of some indispensable tools. If you’re still not 100 percent sure whether to get one, here are a few advantages that might help you decide:
- It’s high-powered. Helps mamas pump more milk in less time as it provides hospital-grade suction.
- It’s quick. Mamas can express milk faster and more effectively using the best mode and speed.
- It’s efficient. The right one offers a comfortable pumping experience where mamas can attach and go without all the fuss.
- It boosts supply. For mamas who need help building their milk supply, an electric breast pump is the answer for extra stimulation and abundant milk production.
5 Reasons Why it is Worth Buying
Deciding between a manual and an electric breast pump involves a lot of factors to consider, like lifestyle, pumping frequency, pumping goals, etc. But for mamas who require an electric pump and are hesitant to buy one, here are a few reasons why it’s worth every penny:
- It has a motor, so it has stronger suction than a manual pump. This feature results in faster milk expression and provides settings that maximize milk supply and flow.
- It is a big timesaver for mamas who plan to return to the workforce after having their babies.
- It allows mamas to work on other tasks while pumping! The different accessory options make hands-free pumping much easier.
- A hospital-grade double breast pump is the best option for mamas separated from their babies because of maternal or newborn illness and mamas of multiples. These situations require a more efficient pump.
- It is just as portable as a manual pump. Some electric pumps are easier to pack and perfect to take to work or on the road.
For a smooth and enjoyable breastfeeding journey, check out Mama’s Choice Single & Handy Electric Breast Pump! It has two expression modes with nine adjustable levels for each mode. This pump from Mama’s Choice is equipped with a USB cable that can be used with a laptop, power bank, or AC adapter.
It also has a comfortable flange for a pain-free pumping experience. Plus, it’s leakproof and easy to assemble and clean. You also don’t have to worry about you and your baby’s safety! This products is free of plastic/PVC, BPA, and hazardous chemicals.
Other reasons why we like it:
- Small, compact, and light
- Comes with a bottle
- User-friendly control panel
- Food-grade quality parts
- Comes in 2 colors: white and pink
Mama’s Choice Electric Breast Pump is the best portable single electric breast pump out there! Treat yourself to stress-free pumping and buy yours now for only Php 999 (from Php 1,649)! Shop Mama’s Choice online at their Shopee and Lazada stores.
A Guide for Breastfeeding Moms: Best Breast Pump Brands in PH
The Ultimate Breast Milk Storage Guidelines for Mamas
Breastfeeding Guide: 8 signs that your baby is having a good latch