The quintessential family road trip checklist!
Summer's coming up pretty soon, and that means that you can finally have some fun road trips with your kids! Here's a handy checklist to help you get ready!
Road trips are super fun for the entire family. Not only is it a great opportunity to see the sights, and explore new places, it's also a great way of bringing your family closer together.
However, roadtrips can also be a nightmare if you're not prepared, since road trips can also get tiring, and sometimes you can get on each other's nerves.
That's why we created this handy checklist for everything that you might need during a roadtrip!
- Always bring healthy snacks and extra food for everyone. There's nothing worse than being hungry if you suddenly get stuck in traffic while you're out on the road, so make sure to bring more than enough healthy snacks for your entire family. You also need to make sure that your kids can get easy access to their snacks, so be sure to put it somewhere close to them!
- Make sure to have chargers ready, and to always have the gadgets charged. Boredom is a real problem when it comes to long trips, so having distractions such as music players, or a smartphone can really help prevent tantrums and meltdowns from your kids. So always have chargers and if you have a power bank, it can be pretty helpful.
- Plan your itinerary in advance. While it's fun to simply go on an adventure without any plans, it's still best to at least have an idea of which places you're going to, so that you're always prepared in case anything goes wrong, or if you suddenly need to have a change of plans.
- Maps are extremely useful. Even if you can have waze or a number of other apps that are helpful when it comes to traveling, it still pays to have an actual map that you can look at just in case technology fails you. You can also ask your kids to mark the map so that you can track the places that you've already visited!
- Double check your car to make sure that it's road trip worthy. Of course, having your car break down in the middle of your trip, or worse, in the middle of nowhere is a nightmare! That's why before you go on a long road trip, make sure that your car can handle the trip, and you have tools to fix your car in case it breaks down, or you get a flat tire.
- Get strapped in. It begs repeating, but seatbelts do save lives. Make sure that everyone inside the car is strapped in so that they're always safe. Also, if you have younger kids, make sure to have an appropriately sized child car seat to keep them safe and secure.
- Have a first-aid kit handy at all times. You never know when an accident can happen, so it's always a good idea to always have a first-aid kit that's fully stocked with essentials such as antiseptic, cough and cold medicine, pain killers, bandages, and essential oils that help deal with road sickness.
- Make it fun! Road trips shouldn't be stressful events, but they should be a fun activity for the entire family! So make sure that at the end of the day, everyone's happy, eager, and excited for more adventures in the future!
Be sure to check out ParentTown for more insightful stories, questions, and answers from parents and experts alike. If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the topic, please share them in our Comment box below. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ to stay up-to-date on the latest from theAsianparent.com Philippines!