Fish fillet recipe: Fish and potato pie
Want to get your kids to eat a healthy meal but can't lure them to the dinner table? Try out this fish fillet recipe that'll have them asking for more!
Easy fish fillet recipe: Fish and potato pie
- 2 large floury potatoes (400g)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Small pinch pepper
- Small pinch paprika
- 30g butter, softened
- 200g skinless snapper fillet (or any firm white fish) - Cut into medium-sized chunks and marinated in juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 wedge yellow onion, chopped finely
- 150g frozen mixed vegetables, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 90g shredded mozarella
Preparation of fish & potato pie
1. For (A): Boil potatoes till cooked. Remove skin when it is cool enough to do so. Mash with salt, pepper, paprika and butter - then set aside.
2. For (B): In a skillet, heat oil and add onions. Cook over low flame until onions have softened but not browned. Add in the marinated fish chunks. As the fish cooks, flake some of it with your spatula. Add mixed vegetables, salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add (B) to (A), sprinkle parsley and mash gently to combine all the ingredients. Taste test and add more salt or pepper, if desired. Transfer to an oven-proof casserole dish and top with shredded mozzarella.
4. Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes in a preheated oven at 170°C. The sides should bubble and the cheese should be lightly golden.
5. Leave to cool for about 10 minutes and serve with a side dish of salad leaves.
Article originally published on: theAsianparent.com Singapore
If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the topic, please share them in our Comment box below.Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ to stay up-to-date on the latest from theAsianparent.com Philippines!