One-year-old girl dies after choking on a piece of hotdog
The one-year-old's tragic death just highlights the importance of making sure that the food your child eats isn't a choking hazard.
A one-year-old girl sadly died after choking on a piece of hotdog.
The mother left her child only for a moment
According to the child's mother, she was feeding her daughter some chopped-up pieces of hotdog when the tragic incident happened.
She said that her daughter was only tasting the pieces of hotdog and spitting them out. She then went upstairs for a moment to get something, but when she came back, she found her daughter choking.
Her daughter was struggling to breathe, and her face was also starting to go blue.
They quickly rushed the child to the hospital, but sadly, she was declared dead on arrival.
What can parents do to avoid their children from choking?
The tragic incident highlights just how important it is for parents to be extra careful whenever they feed their child solid food.
It's not always enough to cut up the food into small pieces, and it's just as important for parents to always keep an eye on their children whenever they eat.
Here is a list of the most common food that can become choking hazards:
- Peanut butter
- Chewing gum and hard candy
In order to ensure your child doesn't choke on these food items, make sure to always cut them up into small, irregularly-shaped pieces that children can easily swallow.
It's also a good idea to cut them up as small as you possibly can. What might seem "small" for adults can already be a big piece of food for babies.
In the event that your little one chokes on a piece of food, here's a helpful video to guide you on what to do:
Photos from: maxpixel.freegreatpicture.com