Try this mouth-watering recipe! How to cook buffalo wings
How to cook buffalo wings: With the rainy season bringing everyone down, brighten up your family's day with an easy peasy buffalo wing recipe!
Rainy Day Comfort Food: How to cook buffalo wings
Being equipped with a delicious Buffalo wings recipe is one of the best moves as a parent. It is the kind of comfort food that kids and grownups enjoy. The only problem sometimes, is that the buffalo wings recipe calls for lots of spices that the kids may not love. The good news is that there are so many ways to make your buffalo wings recipe taste good without having to be too spicy.
Another thing about buffalo wings recipe is the deep frying part. Many recipes call for the wings to be deep fried in oil and for some of the more health conscious moms that is a big no-no. Fortunately there are some recipes which calls for the wings to be baked or roasted and that is much healthier.
A good buffalo wings recipe has crispy skin and that can be done without deep frying. Just pop them in the oven and once they’re cooked, you can toss them in the marinade or the sauce. It is really easy and it does not take too much effort.
The key to making crispy buffalo wings is steaming it first. This only takes a few minutes and this will shorten the baking time. Also, since chicken is known to be a carrier of salmonella, it is better to be sure that the chicken is cooked thoroughly.
Click "next page" for an easy-peasy buffalo wing recipe...
(This recipe is used for 12 whole chicken wings)
Method for preparing the wings:
1. Place a saucepan with a steamer basket and 1-inch of water in the bottom, over high heat, cover and bring to a boil.
2. Remove the tips of the wings and discard or save for making stock. Separate the wings at the joint using a knife or kitchen shears. Place the wings in the steamer basket and cover. Once it begins to boil, reduce the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Carefully remove the wings and pat them dry. Lay them on a cooling rack set in a half sheet pan lined with paper towels. Leave them in the refrigerator for an hour.
4. Preheat oven to 425° F. Get the tray with the wings and replace the paper towels with parchment paper or foil. Roast the wings on the middle rack of the oven for 20 minutes then turn them over and roast for another 20 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown.
For the mix you will need:
3 ounces unsalted butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1⁄4 cup hot sauce
1⁄2 tsp kosher salt
1. In a large bowl or skillet melt the butter and add in the garlic. Add the hot sauce and kosher salt and mix.
2. Once the chicken is done baking mix it in the bowl until all the pieces are coated evenly. Serve warm.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: MAYTE UYENCO
If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the topic, please share them in our Comment box below.
Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ to stay up-to-date on the latest from theAsianparent.com Philippines!