Make meal time extra special with this Krispy Pata Sisig recipe
Want to cook to impress the family? Why not make a Krispy Pata dish with a twist? Try this Krispy Pata Sisig recipe courtesy of Hiyas Modern Comfort Food.
Meal time is always a great way for you to catch up with your loved ones. Why not make the most of it and treat them to something unique and delicious via Hiyas Modern Comfort Food?
Thanks to Hiyas, you can whip up a restaurant-quality Krispy Pata dish without breaking the bank. Try this recipe out today:
Ingredients for boiled pork knuckle
1 kilo front part pork knuckle
50 grams star anise
10 pieces dried laurel leaf (bay leaf)
10 grams black pepper corn
Salt to taste
1. Put all ingredients in a pot and boil until pork knuckle for two hours or until meat is tender.
2. Remove from heat, cool down and keep in the freezer for 5 hours (this process guarantees that the pork knuckle is crispy outside and juicy inside when deep friend).
Making the sisig, here are the key ingredients:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3 tbsp liquid seasoning (better if Japanese kind)
Ground pepper to taste
2 medium size white onion finely choppped
Red labuyo pepper chopped (optional)
1. In a deep cooking pan or pot, heat enough cooking oil to cover the whole pork knuckle when frying. Once the oil is very hot, immerse and cook the frozen pork knuckle until golden brown, then remove and let it rest for 5 minutes.
2. Remove the crispy pata meat from the bone and chopped into bite size portion, then set aside.
3. In a bowl mix the chopped meat together with all the ingredients above.
4. Serve in a sizzling plate just before start of the meal.
If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the topic, please share them in our Comment box below. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ to stay up-to-date on the latest from theAsianparent.com Philippines!