Filipinos don’t just love milktea — they’re addicted to it!
However, in 2016, issues came out about how unhealthy this addiction to milk tea is. In a study conducted, it was found that Asian Americans in Southeast Asian communities and the Philippines were not only prone to consuming milk tea at copious amounts to the point that they have become very much prone to contracting diabetes.
A local visionary entrepreneur felt alarmed by this. And so, the research on developing a new brand of milktea began. The challenge was to maintain everything that Filipinos loved about milk tea while serving a product that is a healthier choice, and at the same time provide am authentic Taiwanese milk tea drinking experience.
A TRUE and HEALTHY TAIWAN MILK TEA EXPERIENCE IN EVERY CUP
The first Alishan (at the Alley) store opened at ORE Central in Bonifacio Global City just this year. Immediately, it has grown to four branches in just a short span of time.
The Alishan region is located high up in the mountains of Taiwan. It has old-world charm and mystic atmosphere where fields of tea plants and a special sugarcane plant with special properties grow.
Alishan at the Alley has decided to bring the true Taiwan milk tea experience to Filipinos. They use only Alishan-grown tea leaves and special molasses from the sugar cane plants imported from Taiwan. Alishan at the Alley is almost guilt-free.
A HEALTHY MILK TEA?
All the ingredients used in making Alishan milk tea drinks are organic. Also, they have known nutritional values proven beneficial for all of us. Unlike some other brands, Alishan doesn’t use powders and other ingredients to stimulate taste.
- The organic green tea from the high mountain of Alishan contains bioactive compounds that improve health and is known to improve brain functions. It has fat-burning properties and contains antioxidants that lower risks of some types of cancer.
- As an alternative to ordinary brown sugar used, Alishan uses molasses from Okinawa sugar cane that is known to help stabilize blood sugar levels in healthy adults. It contains calcium, copper, iron, and selenium all of which help maintain healthy bones and antioxidants.
- Boba is made from 100% tapioca and is gluten and nut-free, unlike some milk tea brands.
- One of the best sellers, Purple Yam, is made from real and organic “ube” and is processed daily to ensure freshness.
- Alishan fruit teas like the Signature Blend, Watermelon Snow, Jade Surprise, Lychee & Kumquat, Grapes Surprise, Hawaiian Blend, and Mang & Peach combo are infused with fresh fruits and ensured to retain the vitamins and minerals that peaches, passion fruits, kumquats, mangoes, watermelons, grapes, pineapples, lychees, lemon, kiwi, cucumbers contain.
The Alishan (at the Alley) will soon expand not only here in the Philippines but also in Asia. One can get a taste of this healthy alternative in the Philippines. What are you waiting for? Head to ORE Central in Bonifacio Global City, and at Eton Tower in Makati City, soon in Greenhills!
You can also check out LALAFOOD and GRAB Delivery for your healthy milk tea Taiwan experience.
For more information on Alishan (at the Alley), please visit and like their Facebook page at www.facebook.com/AlishanAtTheAlley.
This is a press release distributed by IdeasXMachina Advertising, Inc.
Also read: Mummy recipe: How to make delicious handmade breastmilk noodles!