Is having an organic lifestyle the right choice for your kids?
An organic lifestyle is something that you hear a lot these days. But what exactly does it mean, and is it the right choice for your kids?
You’ve probably heard about “organic lifestyle” or “organic living” on television. Or you might have read an article about it online. These days, more and more moms and dads are choosing to “go green.” But what does this exactly mean, and how can you know if it’s right for your children?
What’s an organic lifestyle?
In a nutshell, adopting an organic lifestyle means that you’re relying less on processed food or products that have artificial chemicals, and switching to food that is more natural or grown with organic farming methods.
This means that instead of buying processed food like hotdogs and canned food, you’ll cook fresh and naturally grown or farmed food instead.
Going green, or using more organic products, has a lot of benefits, which include the following:
- It’s good for the planet. Organic methods of farming are less harsh on the soil and require less resources. Organic farming also avoids using artificial pesticides, so you can be sure that the food you eat is 100% safe and healthy for you and your family. This also means less packaging on the food you buy, which means less waste for your family.
- Organic food is healthier. Since organic food is more natural and has fewer or no artificial flavoring and preservatives, your body is better equipped to process the food that you’re eating.
- Organic products have less toxins. Since it’s all natural, organic products don’t contain any harmful chemicals that can have a negative impact on your family’s health. Organic products are also less harsh, while organic soaps and shampoos are good for those with sensitive skin.
- Organic living can help prevent allergies. Exposing your children to all sorts of chemicals can sometimes trigger allergic reactions. Using organic products and buying organic food can help prevent those things since you know exactly what goes inside those products, and you’re sure that there are no harmful chemicals.
How can parents “go green”?
Here are a few ways parents can shift to organic living:
- Start slow. You don’t need to immediately throw away all of your food and household products and replace them with organic ones. You can start by making sure that the vegetables you buy are organically grown by farmers, and are free from pesticides.
- Start reading labels. Some products that claim to be organic or all-natural actually contain harmful chemicals or preservatives. Make a habit of reading food labels so that you’re better informed about what goes into your family’s food.
- Buy local. Local farmers have delicious and fresh food that is great for your family, and easily accessible. Buying locally also helps support local farmers.
- Grow your own food. What better way to know exactly what’s in your food than by growing it yourself? It’s not only a great way to get organic food, it’s also a fun activity for your family that will teach important life lessons to your kids!
- Be flexible. Sometimes, you really can’t avoid buying processed food, and that’s totally fine! The important thing is that you’re trying to change your family’s lifestyle for the better. You don’t have to go 100% organic if it’s too expensive, or if it doesn’t work for you. Go with what you feel is best for your family.
Is organic milk right for your child?
Recently, Wyeth has launched Promil® Organic, an organic formula milk that’s sourced from organic milk and also provides your little one with the nutrients that their growing bodies need.
Moms Andi Manzano, Cat Ledesma, and Hindy Weber Tantoco were the hosts during the event, and they shared their experiences and stories on having an organic lifestyle.
That’s why for moms who want to give their child a healthier and organic option when it comes to formula milk, Promil® Organic is the best choice that your child can have!
Start a positive change in you and your family’s life, and go green!
Photos from: pxhere.com