Follow this super-simple breadcrumb aglio olio recipe for a tasty and classy meal!
8-10 slices bacon, sliced
3 cups (150g) breadcrumbs
3/4 cups (180ml) extra-virgin olive oil
8 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
Salt, to taste
Black pepper, coarsely ground
Italian flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Tear the bread into smaller pieces and blitz them in a food processor until they become small crumbs.
- To cook the pasta start by frying the bacon in some olive oil until brown and crispy in a skillet.
- Remove the bacon and set aside.
- In the same oil, toast the bread crumbs for about 3-4 minutes on relatively low heat, until the bread crumbs turn brown. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- In a clean skillet, cook the garlic over very low heat until the garlic begins to turn translucent. Add chili flakes if you wish. Pour about 2-4 tablespoons of this oil into the bread crumbs. Toss together the breadcrumbs, oil and bacon. Set this aside.
- In a pot of boiling water, cook the pasta.
- When the spaghetti is al dente, transfer into the remaining oil. Toss to coat the pasta with the oil. If the pasta is too dry, add a little pasta water and toss again until you achieve the consistency you like.
- Add 3/4 of the breadcrumbs/ bacon into the pasta. Toss to mix.
- Plate the pasta, grate plenty of Parmesan on the spaghetti and garnish with chopped Italian flat leaf parsley. Drizzle with good extra virgin olive oil and serve immediately.
Republished with permission from thedomesticgoddesswannabe
If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the topic, please share them in our Comment box below. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ to stay up-to-date on the latest from theAsianparent.com Philippines!