"In search of the perfect selfie": Schoolgirl's hair gets tangled in ferris wheel
The schoolgirl from India was allegedly trying to get a selfie, when all of a sudden her hair got tangled inside the large wheel of the ride.
A young girl's attempts to get the perfect selfie suddenly turns into a moment of horror as her hair gets tangled in a moving ferris wheel.
Her hair was completely ripped off
The schoolgirl from India was allegedly trying to get a selfie, when all of a sudden her hair got tangled inside the large wheel of the ride. The force of the wheel ripped her entire scalp clean off and left the girl in shock.
Bystanders immediately helped to free her from the ferris wheel. In the video, her friend attempts to console her while the ride operator as well as bystanders frantically rushed to free her from her terrible ordeal.
The girl was eventually rescued, and is now recovering in a hospital. Hopefully the accident made her learn the dangers of getting too close to large machinery.
Selfie accidents have been on the rise
Freak accidents involving selfies are becoming more and more common. According to a report from Conde Nast Traveler, selfie accidents have killed more people than sharks back in 2015. Tourists have died in pursuit of the "perfect selfie," and it's a worrying trend.
These accidents serve as a reminder for us as well as our family to always exercise caution, especially when taking selfies. Most of these accidents are due to the fact that people tend to not pay enough attention to their surroundings; some people have died while taking a photo on top of a cliff, and a Japanese tourist has died when he slipped while taking a selfie at the Taj Mahal.
Watch the horrifying video below:
Go to the next page for more!
Selfie safety tips
Here are some tips that you and your kids should keep in mind when it comes to keeping yourselves safe when taking photos:
- No selfie is worth the risk, regardless of how many likes or positive feedback that you get on social media.
- Keep yourself aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Make sure to enable the privacy settings on all of your social media accounts.
- Educate your kids on making sure that any photos they post online don't show any personal details, and to keep their location private whenever posting.
- Never take a selfie whenever you're driving. Only use your phone if you're parked on the side of the road, or when you're not driving.
- Guide your kids on what kinds of photos are okay to post online. They should never share anything private with anyone online, even their close friends.
- Monitor your children's online activity. However, always keep their privacy in mind, especially for teens.
Be sure to check out theAsianparent Community for more insightful stories, questions, and answers from parents and experts alike. If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the topic, please share them in our Comment box below. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ to stay up-to-date on the latest from theAsianparent.com Philippines!