Toxic buildup, as research suggests, is the main cause of all diseases today.
This is as a result of overexposure to harmful contaminants dwelling everywhere in our industrialized environment.
We absorb it through the smoke-filled air, contaminated water, pre-packed goods, greasy restaurant food, and more. We get it even if we lock ourselves inside our homes through the commercial cleaning products we use daily.
The best solution to prevent over toxicity is to incorporate healthy habits and eco-friendly products into our daily lives.
This begins with an awareness of our regular consumptions, from the manner of which they are made, and their impact to our ecosystem.
Here are 10 healthy solutions to reduce toxic Buildup in our environment.
- Practice the basic Rs of waste management: Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.
- Choose products that are packed in boxes or glass. Common commercial packaging of plastic and aluminum adds toxins to its contents and builds-up solid wastes.
- Read commercial labels carefully and avoid products that contain the aforementioned chemicals.
- Follow a daily food habit comprising of 70% fruits and vegetables (raw or slightly cooked). Eat less meat, commercial dairy products, refined carbohydrates (white rice, bread, sugar, etc.) and pre-packed goods to boost the immune system and reduce chemical absorption.
- Exercise regularly to sweat out toxins, strengthen immunity, and regenerate cells.
- Utilize the full benefits of vinegar (preferably coconut), baking soda, sea salt, calamansi and cornstarch for household cleaning, laundry, and body care.
- Advocate local, organic, all-natural, environment-friendly, sustainable personal care companies like Messy Bessy, Human Nature, Kalikhasan, and Lawiswis Organics.
- Educate yourself with the benefits of all-natural products and the negative impacts of chemically induced commercial products to your health and the environment. It is a life-saving gift to share with your loved ones and future generations.
- Plant trees and crop-bearing plants. This allows us to contribute to Mother Nature, as well as understand the value of living things to us and our environment.
- Minimize wastewater discharge by reducing water use and reuse treated greywater for washing floors, flushing toilets and irrigating gardens and golf courses.
Let’s do this so we could make a healthy and happy environment for our family, as well as inspire others to take on the same path for the next generations.
READ: 5 Fun Kiddie Activities with Cartons
If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the topic, please share them in our Comment box below. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ to stay up-to-date on the latest from theAsianparent.com Philippines!