13 Natural flu remedies for your Child
Does your child have the flu? Follow these 13 natural flu remedies and give loads of TLC for your child's faster recovery.
Does your child have a headache, runny nose, cough, sore throat, abdominal pain, aching of the back and limbs, diarrhea and fever? Does he feel fatigued during the day?
Then your child may have the symptoms of the flu.
Don't fret. Stay on the healthy side of your child's healing crisis, as it will usually pass after a few days.
Meanwhile, here are Natural Flu Remedies that you can apply to your child.
- Give fluids (fruit juices, vegetable soups) to replace fluid and electrolytes lost through sweating, diarrhea, fever and vomiting.
- Let her drink at least 10 glasses of water a day to keep lung secretions thin.
- It is preferable not to administer antibiotics, as they are known to reduce immunity.
- Give Echinacea drops (from Centro Natura) to increase immunity.
- Let her inhale Eucalyptus oil vapour.
- Let her gargle with saltwater (1 tsp. salt in 1 pint of warm water) to help relieve the sore throat.
- Soak her feet in hot water to ease a headache or nasal congestion.
- Humidify the air in the room. Make sure the sure is warm, but also has current of air to keep it oxygenated.
- Keep her warm with warm, close-fitted bed clothes.
- Back rubs may be given to increase comfort.
- Boil a big piece of fresh ginger in 2 cups water for 5-10 minutes, Let her drink a cup every 2-3 hours until the flu is gone. It will relieve nasal congestion, improve blood flow, help eliminate chills and aches and reduce soar throat.
- When it is time to shift to serve bland and starchy foods, including dry toast, bananas, apple sauce, boiled rice, cooked cereal and baked potatoes. Eat lightly and carefully.
- Pray and think positively that your child is already undergoing healing process.
While the flu symptoms occur, it is best to keep dairy products (cheese, yoghurt and butter), eggs, chicken, sugary delicacies and chocolates (bars or drinks) away from your child, as these are known to increase the build-up of mucous.
Just follow these natural flu remedies and shower your healing child with an overdose of tender-loving-care.