Halloween is coming! And with the 31st of October just a few days away, it could be quite a problem thinking up what costume to wear.
What can you read in this article?
- What to look for in a costume?
- Tips to DIY a costume
- 6 creative Halloween costume ideas and costumes you can buy online
But there’s no need to worry, we’ll help you get your creative juices running to figure out what is the best costume to wear on the day itself.
What to look for in a costume?
But before we start thinking up ideas, what qualities should you consider in choosing to buy Halloween costumes online? To start off, some main qualities to consider are:
Theme – When choosing a costume for the family, you should consider what theme you want to follow for the costumes. Do you want to go spooky and scary? Adorable and fun? Trendy and chic? There are many directions that your costumes could go!
Comfort – How comfortable is the costume? Would you and your kids be alright with wearing the costumes for an extended period of time? Some factors such as the fit and the materials the costumes are made of could help you answer these questions.
Taking these two qualities into consideration can help you make the best choice for your costume on Halloween!
[caption id="attachment_429669" align="aligncenter" width="670"] Halloween costume online. | Image from Shutterstock[/caption]
Tips to DIY a costume
You might have already had the perfect costume in mind, but what if you want to take it up to the next level? Then DIY or Do-It-Yourself could be your best bet in jazzing up a costume and making it unique!
A few tips that you could keep in mind when doing DIY are:
[caption id="attachment_429668" align="aligncenter" width="670"] Halloween costume online. | Image from Shutterstock[/caption]
- Look around the house – Chances are the materials that you need are already stuff that you have lying around the house! Gather up the basic tools such as a sewing kit, glue and scissors and search around the house for other materials! Some cardboard cartons could be fashioned into a sword or a wand with a bit of paint. Paper and fabrics could be fashioned into small details such as numbers or name tags in costumes.
- A thread and needle is your friend – While you may already have the perfect dress or garment for your costume, it could still use some hemming or minor adjustments. Just take out your trusty sewing kit and make some minor alterations. A sewing kit could also help you out if you feel like your costume needs a bit more pizzazz with some sequins or patches.
- Brush on some makeup – A little bit of makeup could complete an outfit. A dusting of white powder could give you the pale pallor to complete a ghostly costume. Or a little bit of red lipstick could be the little detail that would complete a vampiric getup. There are plenty of videos online that you could follow along to get that perfect look for Halloween.
With these tips, you could now choose the perfect costume to wear on the most spook-tacular day of the year!
[caption id="attachment_429670" align="aligncenter" width="670"] Halloween costume online. | Image from Shutterstock[/caption]
Top 40 na nakakaaliw na Halloween costumes ng mga TAP kids
LOOK: Cute and unique Halloween costumes for kids
20 Cute DIY Halloween Costume Ideas for Your Kids
6 Creative Halloween Costume ideas and costumes you can buy online
In the past few weeks, the South Korean survival drama Squid Game has been the subject of many binge-watching sessions all over the world. Drawing us all in with the various games and the riveting plotline, it was a drama that has captured all of our attention.
You could get several costume ideas from the drama such as the opulent animal masks of the VIPs to the whimsical yellow and orange outfit of the doll. But no outfit is as iconic as the matching tracksuits that the players wear. This is the green light you’re waiting for if you’re looking for an instantly recognizable costume.
Features we love
- Easily recognizable outfits
- Great costume for groups or families
- Easy to move in
- Comfortable fit
- Made of polyester
“Brilliant, bad, and a little mad", this year we’ve seen one of the most popular Disney villains return to the cinemas in the film, Cruella. We see the titular character, portrayed by Emma Stone, make her way through the fashionable world of London in the 70’s.
And this film is full of potential costume ideas, with Cruella or as she was called in the beginning, Estella pulling off a number of increasingly striking and dramatic outfits. If you’re looking to be a little bad with a flair for the dramatic this Halloween, this is the costume for you.
Features we love
- Striking and dramatic look
- Full suit set with gloves
- High-quality leather
- Comes in a variety of sizes from S to XXL
If you’re looking for a spooky and ghoulishly delightful costume this Halloween, why not take your style inspiration from our newest local heroine Alexandra Trese?
Alexandra Trese is a badass heroine that protects our world from supernatural forces. In her adventures, she wears her iconic black coat that keeps her looking awesome while facing off against such as the tikbalang and other Filipino mythological creatures. Recreate her look with a black trench coat and a short hairstyle or wig. For a group costume, you could recreate the looks of the Kambal that accompanies Trese, with their slick suits and masks.
Features we love
- Slick and cool costume
- Portray one of the newest Filipino comic heroines
- Soft and comfortable coat
- Made from cashmere
- Sizes are from XL to 5XL with a size chart to choose the best fit
If your family loves playing video games, then you will be familiar with a certain Italian plumber. It’s him, Mario!
Hailing from the beloved Super Mario series, decades of video game players have jumped on blocks, over the fire, and through rings with Mario on his quest to save the princess.
He’s joined on his journey by his brother, Luigi on this journey while they wear their respective red and green hat and overalls outfits. The whole family can join in the Mario party with adult and kid-sized costumes available. Get ready because it’s Mario time!
Features we love
- Colorful and fun costume
- Perfect for video game fans, kids, and kids at heart!
- The costume consists of a hat, beard, a one-piece suit, or a top and skirt
- Kids sizes range from S to XL while the adult size ranges from S to L
- Material is comfortable and breathable. It’s recommended to wear a shirt and shorts underneath the costume.
The Hallyu wave has been sweeping us away in its amazing and colorful world. With Korean music videos filled with a treasure trove of looks, you can easily pick and choose a costume inspired by your favorite group’s MV!
A quick and easy costume idea inspired by Kpop is the cute cheerleader-inspired outfits worn by Twice in their Cheer Up music video.
The girls captivated us with their bubbly personalities and cheerful lyrics shining through in the music video. Your little Kpop fan will be cute and stylish with this adorable pink outfit – just put their hair up in pigtails and dance the night away.
If other Kpop groups are more your style, an outfit inspired by the group BTS is also available.
Features we love
- Evoke the bubbly spirit of Twice with this adorable cheerleader outfit
- Trendy and fashionable costumes, that you’ll say Yes or Yes to!
- Made from cotton
- Sizes range from ages 1 to 10 years old
If you’re not feeling up to wearing a full costume or don’t have enough time to gather clothes for the perfect costume, there’s no need to worry! You could still join in the Halloween merrymaking and festivities with a much-needed item in this pandemic – your face mask.
Themed face masks have been growing in popularity throughout the pandemic. As a way to add a little style and personality to your outfits, as well as a much-needed precaution when stepping out.
For mecha fans, particularly of the Gundam series, you could show off your favorite series with this Gundam-inspired half mask. Wear it over your medical face mask and get in the spirit of Halloween revelry with some casual cosplay while also staying safe from the virus.
Features we love
- Perfect costume for anime and mech fans, both young and old
- Features three different Gundam models
- Vibrant, 3D masks
- Made from EVA foam
- Durable and easy to wear