Chinese New Year family tradition
Chinese New Year just isn’t complete without Longevity Noodles. Whether it’s the tossing or just the delightful taste, Longevity Noodles, is part of the Chinese New Year tradition.
Here’s a simply authentic and delightful recipe of Longevity Noodles (Mee Suah) that symbolises long life.
Chinese new year longevity noodles recipe
What you need
2 bundles of mee suah
100g lean pork
50g pork liver
50g pork kidney
3 pieces of dried mushrooms
salt, pepper, dark sauce and sesame oil to taste
spring onions for garnishing
What you do
1. Slice lean pork, pork liver and pork kidney into thin slices.
2. Soak dried mushroom and slice into thin slices.
3. Heat the oil and fry chopped garlic till fragrant.
4. Add in sliced mushrooms and stir fry till fragrant.
5. Add water and simmer.
6. Add lean pork and boil.
7. Add pork liver, pork kidney and boil.
8. Once boiled. add in mee suah noodles and simmer for 2 minutes.
9. Add spring onions to garnish.
Also Read: Try this easy, savoury fried bihon recipe