A newborn baby boy was abducted on Tuesday, December 13 from the Benguet General Hospital (BeGH) in La Trinidad, Benguet.
According to a Bombo Radyo Baguio report, the newborn, John Milter, has been rescued and returned to his parents. With some of their relatives, the baby’s parents appeared on the radio show to express their gratitude for their little one’s safe return.
A concerned citizen who saw the suspect in Puguis, La Trinidad helped the police rescue the baby
According to the newborn’s parents, they had the local police, in collaboration with the Benguet Provincial Office, and the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI), the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG), the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD), the BeGH, and the local media to thank for saving their baby boy.
Concerned citizens and one eyewitness also played a huge part in the amazing rescue. As the Bombo Radyo report goes, a witness saw the suspect in Puguis, La Trinidad and called the police, who responded immediately and arrested the suspect. The family was then alerted and they proceeded to the police station to confirm their baby’s identity.
Earlier reports said that the baby was taken by a woman posing as a doctor.
More on the story on the next page
ABS-CBN news reports that the baby had been brought to a nearby hospital shortly after being born for some routine medical check-ups.
Once there, the woman posing as Doctor Ramos asked the parents if she could take the baby to weigh him and to conduct other tests, recounts the baby’s father Jose Vicente Jr.
CCTV footage managed to capture the woman exiting the hospital with the baby.
Screenshots of the said footage have made the rounds online, alarming netizens because of how easily the abduction happened. They are currently demanding stricter rules within the Benguat General Hospital, specifically the maternity ward.
Screenshots of the said footage have made the rounds online, alarming netizens because of how easily the abduction happened…
The baby boy is now recovering at a Baguio hospital. ABS-CBN news reports that the suspect, whose identity has been kept private by authorities, had a miscarriage earlier this month and was recently confined in a hospital following a nervous breakdown.
But the newborn’s parents are not backing down and will continue to pursue a case against the suspect. “Kailangan niya harapin yung paratang sa ginawa niya,” he told ABS-CBN news.
READ: 2-day-old baby abducted from a government hospital in Cebu, returned to parents
Be sure to check out theAsianparent Community for more insightful stories, questions, and answers from parents and experts alike. If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the topic, please share them in our Comment box below. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ to stay up-to-date on the latest from theAsianparent.com Philippines!