Shows and movies are excellent ways for children to connect with the world. These provide learning opportunities for children as they immerse themselves in new places and perspectives, all the while bonding with family and friends.
Netflix helps connect children with their families, friends, and stories from all over the world in a safe and fun way. Through the platform’s parental control features, children will be able to enjoy Enola Holmes 2 while parents are watching Squid Game.
There are several steps to make sure your child has a great time exploring the online streaming app in a way that’s safe and still within your limits. Are you maximizing Netflix’s Parental Control features?
How to Create a Kids Profile on Netflix
Creating a Kids Profile on Netflix is the first step to responsible and safe viewing for children, and it all starts with you. You can control your child’s safety and access to content by doing the following:
- Step 1: Go to the Manage Profiles page by clicking “More” in your app, or selecting it from the drop-down menu in your web browser.
- Step 2: Select Add Profile, then name the profile.
- Step 3: Use Netflix Kid’s Experience for ages 12 and under by selecting Kids
Customize Profile Maturity Ratings
Once a Kids Profile is created, parents can customize its profile maturity ratings as their children age. Doing so will ensure that the profile will only see TV shows, movies, and games fitting the set rating.
- Step 1: Go to Account Settings and edit Viewing Restrictions for the account (Kids profile has 7+ by default).
- Step 2: Enter the Netflix account password to continue.
- Step 3: Select the ratings you deem appropriate for the profile (All, 7+, 13+, 16+, 18+).
Image Source: Netflix
How to Filter Specific Titles
While Netflix has many graet shows and movies, not all of them are appropriate for children. This is an excellent feature ensuring that specific titles will now show up anywhere on their Kids Profile.
- Step 1: Go to Account page and change the Viewing Restrictions setting for the Kid’s Profile.
- Step 2: Enter your Netflix account password to continue.
- Step 3: Under Title Restrictions, type the name of the TV show or movie then click on it as it appears. Select Save.
How to View Your Child’s Viewing History
Eager to find out what your child has been watching while you’re at work? Easily monitor the content your children watch in three steps:
- Step 1: Access your Account page and then open the Profile & Parental Controls settings on the Kid’s Profile.
- Step 2: Open Viewing activity.
- Step 3: All their activity will appear, starting with the most recently viewed. Tip: Use Show More to load additional titles if you see a limited list.
How to Lock Your Profile From Your Child
If your Netflix account has multiple profiles, ensure that your children do not access other profiles and the adult content found there by setting a 4-digit PIN.
- Step 1: Go to your Account and open the Profile & Parental Controls settings.
- Step 2: Change the Profile Lock setting.
- Step 3: Enter the Netflix account password to continue.
- Step 4: Enter your desired 4-digit numeric pin.
Tip: For added security, click on Require Parent’s Pin to add new profile. This will prompt users to key in your 4-digit pin when attempting to create a new profile.
Enjoy Fun Activities With Your Child Offline
Image Source: Netflix
Think your child is having too much time on the screen? Indulge them on some fun activities featuring their favorite Netflix show characters.
Parents can receive bi-weekly emails from Netflix for them to gain a better understanding of their child’s preferences. This will also give parents new ways to engage with their child’s interests, bringing families closer together. In these emails, you may find:
1. Recommendations based on your child’s favorite titles.
2. Printable coloring sheets and activities inspired by your child’s favorite TV show characters.
3. Top theme charts showing the titles your child enjoys most (i.e. science, friendship).
4. Tips on how to use our Kids features on Netflix.
Netflix Filipino UI
Here’s an additional tip. Do you want your child to practice speaking (or at least reading) in Filipino? Last month, Netflix launched a new user interface (UI) available in Filipino.
This new feature allows subscribers to navigate the UI, read titles and synopses, plus watch some shows and movies with Filipino subtitles and in Filipino dubbing.
Well, what are you waiting for, moms and dads? Tinker with your Netflix profiles now and make sure your maximizing these awesome Netflix Parental Control features.
May katanungan tungkol sa pagpapalaki ng anak? Basahin ang mga artikulo o magtanong sa kapwa magulang sa aming app. I-download ang theAsianparent Community sa iOS o Android!