Newborn photography is a memory lane, and better ideas to try at home are necessary, taking photos also needs safety tips.
The moment you saw your newborn makes you fall head over heels. Rosy fluffy cheeks, innocence and serenity, and their tiny hands and feet became a part of your overflowing happiness.
As moms, you keep on memorizing every detail of your baby before they get bigger. You are amused of their sweet smile, their smell, their sleeping moments, and more.
Generally, you want to seize every moment of your newborn baby. You may be wondering why other parents tell you to cherish your baby’s first weeks. That is why you need photography ideas to capture these moments of your newborn at home!
Image from | pexels.com
5 prepping tips for newborn photography session
Your newborn photography session should be an amazing moment at your home with good ideas. But you can also find yourself as a mom worried for your newborn doing this big occasion.
To set your anxiety aside, a little plan would help you to relax and enjoy the photo session with the assurance of your newborn’s safety. All you need to do is to remember the tips in doing this precious moment.
After doing this photography session, you can scroll back through the pages of your newborn’s album while reminiscing the days when you and your baby are the only ones whom you care for.
1. Scheduling the session ahead of time
Photographers do not waiver on the photography session if your baby is below 5 to 14 days old. That is just a matter of time so better to do this session ahead of your plan.
By scheduling in ahead of dates will let you and your photographer be prepared for your newborn’s birth. With that, they can make preparations and would not accept any appointments after you have done your session.
Doing it on an unplanned day would make you miss the chance because photographers might be fully booked when you call. Also, your preferred photographer wont be able at that time. So instead of pushing through a precious moment, you will get only a convenient effort from the available photographers.
Which, would not be your preferred style for your newborn photography.
The best time to book a schedule is during your second trimester. All details can be talked about while communicating with your photographer.
You can tell your expected birth schedule so they might find a fitting schedule for your newborn’s photo shoot. You may also answer any questions your photographer might ask like an idea or theme for the photo session.
2. Keeping your baby awake before the session
Everyone is aware that newborn babies sleep a lot at home, and it may not be a good idea of doing photography while asleep.
But sometimes, these sleepy moments are also good ideas for a newborn photography session. If you want your baby a little sacked up during their photo shoot, let them be awake before the photographer starts the shoot.
Making sure your newborn is awake before the schedule is a great idea that they will sleep throughout the photography session. That will be peaceful captured images of your baby, instead of their enraged, red face because of crying.
3. Feed your baby half an hour before the photoshoot
Who would doubt that the drunker your baby, the cuter they will be in the photo shoot!
Newborn babies are well-known hungriest humans in the world, that is why they do cluster feeding. You don’t want a photo shoot delayed and disrupted because of your baby’s hunger.
Feeding and burping your baby prior to the photo schedule means less crying, sound sleep, and relaxed mommies, even a relaxed photographer.
Do not give your baby a full meal 1 to 2 hours before the photo shoot. If they are hungry before the shoot, give them a snack. You can feed them fully after the shoot, and it will result in a happy and tired baby in return.
A newborn photo shoot lasts up to 2 hours mostly, so cluster feeding is a good idea when your baby seems hungry in between the session.
4. Undress to impress
Change your baby’s diaper into a loose half an hour before the session. This will avoid having diaper marks on your baby’s waist.
Also, undressing your baby prior to the shoot will saves time because it will not disrupt their sleeping cycle. Most photographers also prefer a baby naked in their photo shoots.
A great way to do this is to change their diaper, swaddle them, and feed them before the schedule. Everything should have been taken care of at once.
To let your baby warm, swaddle them before the photographer starts the shoot so they will not feel cold. Your photographer shall advise you about this beforehand.
5. Sit tight, relax, and watch
For mommies, relax and worry less.
Newborn photographers know their work. Let them lead the show. As a mother, you have the instinct to pick them up quickly when your baby starts to grunt. You might also be anxious when someone other than you handles them.
That is why you need a photographer who is an expert in doing newborn photography at home and has ideas for doing so.
Any experienced photographer should know your baby’s comfortability and how to move them delicately without waking them up.
Your photographer may also let you feel comfortable and less anxious which will assure your baby’s safety. You may also call for a halt when you feel uncomfortable with the photo shoot. Photographers will gladly accept your preference.
These are the tips and ideas you want to include in your newborn photography session at home. With these tips, you may consider whose photographer you would book with the safety included in the package.
Want a newborn photoshoot? Here are 11 photography studios offering home service shoots
10 birthday party theme ideas for daughter
Look: must-haves para sa iyong DIY pregnancy photoshoot
Image from | pexels.com
Newborn photography ideas for boys and girls
Newborn photography won’t be enough without the ideas and inspirations from your own preferences. You want your baby’s captured moments to be sweeter than anything in the world, so you want it the best.
You can try the following newborn photography ideas at the bound of your home, with your own snappy skills, or with a hired photographer.
So take a little while in browsing these short-listed ideas for your baby’s shoot session.
Newborn photography ideas for boys
- Newborn cozy family pose – There is nothing sweeter than a new family member included in a family picture! Snap a few precious pictures with your newborn baby boy.
- Swaddled newborn pose – Newborns love to be swaddled. Snug them like a bug in a muslin blanket based on your preferred color for your baby boy.
- Lying on back pose – This is just a simple pose without any props needed. The simplicity of it makes it sweeter!
- All white props – White props signify simplicity and cleanliness. The focus will be on your naked sleeping baby. A peaceful moment to cherish!
- Seasonal props – If your baby is born in a specific season like cold, summer, Christmas, or lent, you may want to appropriate your props for this particular season.
- In the crib – A beautiful and simple way to tell a newborn story is to take your baby’s pictures while in the crib. In that very moment, it somehow presents their blissful entrance into the world.
Image from | pexels.com
Newborn photography ideas for girls
- Matching hat – Capturing your baby girl’s pose while sleeping with hat is a sweet thing to seize. Put on your preferred girly colored hats on your baby girl’s head.
- Lying on a fluffy pink blanket – A thick fluffy pink blanket is an excellent backdrop for your newborn baby girl. Also, it has a fluffy cloud appearance, giving an ambiance of dreamy quality.
- Colorful bow in the head – If you are having your baby girl’s photo shoot, a pretty bow is a perfect accessory. It presents a splash of color and helps to identify the baby. A bow on the head shows that you’ve got a baby girl.
- Floral flat lay – This is another genre of photography with full of colors. As your baby girl is the center of attraction, you may use seasonal colors of flowers surrounding your baby.
- Create a themed set – You can get imaginative in your baby girl’s photography session. You may choose feminine themes like princesses, fairy tale-dreamy concepts, candy world, etc.
Dangerous newborn photography poses: Do’s and Don’ts newborn poses
The danger of DIY photo shoot ideas should be remembered in doing newborn photography, even at home.
Sometimes, the “tricks of the trade” of the processed photos seem unnoticeable to others. They think of doing the DIY props and poses as “real” but in reality, these are only photoshopped images.
Newborn photos, as much as we need to be the best, also need precautions in doing poses and props. Be reminded of the following do’s and don’ts of taking newborn photographs:
- Pick newborn photography positions which are non-perilous – in every photo shoot, every pose is designed for the baby’s safety and comfortability. Do not try any poses at home beyond your knowledge and precautions.
- Find a trustworthy and experienced newborn photographer – You would not want someone to do the shoot without any expertise in handling your baby’s safety.
- During the photo shoot, read every baby’s body language – In between the session, your baby might feel fussy or irritated, which may indicate hunger or any condition you would need to attend to.
- Set the flash and lighting to a low power – This will help you shoot at a wider aperture without over-exposing your images.
These are some of the few safety tips and reminders but in the course of doing this occasion, your baby’s safety is the first thing you need to remember.
Take good ideas of newborn photography at home without compromising your baby’s safety, and also the precious moments you need to archive.