Hunan province, China. A woman was rushed to the hospital so that she can give birth. However, the medical staff immediately realized that they had a big problem on their hands when they saw that the woman weighed 127kg.
She was suffering from a wide range of diseases
Because of the woman’s weight, she was suffering from a wide range of diseases, including preeclampsia, gestational diabetes, and pulmonary hypertension just to name a few.
The doctors also had a hard time during the woman’s examinations, as the nurses had to use their own body weight in order to prevent the doctors from being crushed by the woman.
Over 16 Midwives and experts from the hospital’s obstetrics and gynecology, anesthetics, and pediatrics departments worked together in order to successfully deliver the woman’s baby.
The baby girl was delivered successfully
In spite of the overwhelming odds, the team had successfully delivered the woman’s baby girl. The child was healthy and both she and her mother are currently recovering in the hospital.
News of the delivery have made waves in Weibo, China’s top social media platform. They’ve been dubbed as the “most beautiful angels in white” by the people on the social media website.
The woman has previously given birth, and she’s very happy to welcome her second child.
Go to the next page to learn more about keeping fit during your pregnancy.
How to keep fit during your pregnancy
Being pregnant doesn’t mean that you can just eat anything you want, since a pregnant mother’s health can directly impact her child’s health as well.
That’s why it’s very important for pregnant moms to still keep fit so that their babies will be strong and healthy. Here are some helpful tips for moms who want to keep fit during their pregnancy:
- Walk around, or swim in a pool. Walking is the simplest form of exercise that pregnant moms can do. That’s why you should always take the opportunity to walk around during your pregnancy since it helps keep you fit. Swimming is also a good activity for pregnant moms since the water helps support your weight, and swimming keeps your body strong.
- Engage in physical activity. Aside from walking and swimming, being active is important for pregnant moms since it helps keep the blood flowing, keeps your muscles strong, and reduces fatigue.
- Eat healthy food. You really are what you eat. Eating healthy food will not only keep you healthy, but will also help in your baby’s development so that they can grow up to be strong and healthy.
- Don’t overdo it. While exercise is indeed important for pregnant women, it’s important to know your limits and not to overdo it. Always consult your doctor if you wish to engage in heavier types of exercise.
- Get enough rest and sleep. Getting enough rest and sleep is as important for pregnant moms as exercise. Getting enough rest helps your body recover and helps a lot when it comes to the development of your baby.
READ: “No Excuses” mom is back, has gained 10 pounds and more wisdom
Sources: malaysiandigest.com, shanghaiist.com, thesun.co.uk, webmd.com
Be sure to check out theAsianparent Community for more insightful stories, questions, and answers from parents and experts alike. If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the topic, please share them in our Comment box below. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ to stay up-to-date on the latest from theAsianparent.com Philippines!