“Sige na, please…”
“Babe, sige na…”
Face it, ladies, no matter how big, bloated or dark certain parts of our bodies become, there are times when our partners just want to get it on.
Did you go, “Ano ka ba?!” at the thought of your partner wanting pregnancy sex or anything to do with our huge bellies, dark necks, and even darker underarms? The novelty doesn’t stop there. Sometimes, you might think they prefer us pregnant!
While hormones can make you a randy goddess, there may be times when you can’t concentrate on the “task at hand” for fear of “puputok ka na sa sobra mong laki.” Don’t worry though, you aren’t the only mom or mom-to-be who has these crazy thoughts while having sex.
In fact, here’s a quick run down of random thoughts that Filipinas have during sex while pregnant:
- Madadaganan kaya ako ng sarili kong tiyan?
- Sinabi ko na sa kanya hindi ako nakapag-wax or shave ilang months na. Bahala sya kung ano makita niya dyan.
- Do not burp, do not burp, do not burp. “Ay, sorry bhe.”
- Sabi niya okay lang, pero hindi na sya nakatingin. Baka bad breath ako sa mangga at bagoong kanina.
- Talaga bang sexy tong maternity bra na ‘to?
- Nagugutom na ako.
- Parang okay may Doula sa delivery room. Kaya ko kaya yung painless?
- Pag naisip ko yung Eden Cheese ad nung pasko maiiyak ako. Naisip ko na.
- Ma-uutot ata ako please huwag please huwag…
- Thank God, hindi niya napansin!
- Gusto ko ng chocolate cake.
- Baby, wag mong sipain si Daddy!
- Dalian mo, naiihi na ako!
- Okay fine, naihi na ako.
- Pag ako naanak dito bahala ka.
- Dapat kunwari nasasarapan ako…pero alam ko sciatic pain to e.
- Umaalog double-chin ko. Hindi pa rin sya natuturn-off?
- Does going down on my husband count as pagkain ng talong?
- Sabi nila pag maitim daw dun, lalaki daw. “Bhe, ano color ng….”
- Am I at risk na mapasukan ng lamig?
Babe, ano ka ba?!
Is having sex while pregnant safe?
Sex educator Logan Levoff says that it is possible for women to be at their most beautiful and radiant during their most pregnant-looking months. Studies have also shown that a man’s usual reaction to a pregnant woman is a suppression of testosterone that brings out their “protective side.”
The Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Association of the Philippines (PMAP) says on their website that it’s not necessarily unsafe to have sex while pregnant. Unless you’re spotting or have discharge, or your partner is at risk for an STD, nothing should stop you from being intimate.
If you have any fears or apprehensions about having sex while pregnant, the best thing to do is ask your doctor with your spouse or partner present. For delicate pregnancies requiring complete bed rest and no stress, pregnancy sex may not be possible (because you probably can’t do anything at all). Don’t be afraid to tell your significant other that you’re scared or you aren’t sure.
Do you have any other random thoughts during pregnancy sex? Leave a comment (and don’t tell your partner)!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Dana Santos
If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the topic, please share them in our Comment box below. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ to stay up-to-date on the latest from theAsianparent.com Philippines!