Feel like you’re losing that ‘couply’ feeling? Well, time you did something about it! Make a list, perhaps? So thinking, finding paper and a pen, thinking again and writing the ideas down will definitely take time. But being the nice people that we are (our good deed for the festive season), we’ve come up with the list for you!
Here are 50 ideas that couples can do to make their lives more colourful and exciting:
All About Food
1. Bake a cake and eat together. Pretend that it’s your wedding party again and feed each other.
2. Indulge yourselves by eating all the ice cream that you want. Forget about your waistline for a moment.
3. Head off for the supermarket and buy the ingredients for your favourite dish. Then cook it together.
4. Go on a food trip and see who can eat the most.
5. Play a game of Monopoly but add a new twist to this classic game (Strip Monopoly, perhaps?) .
6. Collect some pictures and do scrap booking together. Husbands, this hobby is not just for women. You will enjoy this too.
7. Buy two copies of the latest bestseller and read it together. Discuss with each other what you think of the book.
8. Take a compatibility test online and see if you are still a perfect match. (If your results aren’t satisfactory, then you know the test is floozy!)
9. Write ten questions about yourselves. Ask your spouse to answer them. See who gets a higher score.
10. Complete a 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle together. Don’t stop until you finish it.
11. Bring out your family albums. Try to reminisce some memorable events that happened to you as a couple.
12. Go on a shopping spree but don’t do it the usual way. Challenge each other to buy something nice yet really cheap. The one who buys the nicest and cheapest item wins the game.
13. Pack a basket of food and have a picnic in the park. Just make sure that you check the weather forecast so you don’t get drenched in the rain.
14. Hop on a bus and explore the city together. Pretend to be tourists for a day.
15. Explore nature together. You can go to the zoo or the botanical gardens.
16. Go star gazing with a basket of wine, cream and strawberries.
17. Empty your weekend schedule and stack up on all your favourite films. Watch them all while snacking and cuddling on the couch.
18. Check in at an expensive hotel for the weekend. It’s okay to splurge once in a while. Pamper yourselves with 5-star accommodation and service.
19. Go to the beach and lie on the sand. Just make sure that you head out for the beach early so you won’t have to compete with the crowd.
20. Call some relatives who live out of town. Ask them if you could visit them for the weekend.
21. Book a cruise. Enjoy each other’s company exclusively for the duration of the cruise.
22. Have a stroll along a river while holding each other’s hand. Enjoy the view at the river as you relax after a stressful day at work.
23. Make an appointment at a spa and treat yourselves to a relaxing massage.
24. Or better yet, take turns massaging each other. This could save you money!
25. Go to the place where you had your first date and try to reminisce some old memories.
26. Stir up the romance in your relationship by going to the place where the proposal was made. Husbands can propose to their wives all over again.
27. Book plane tickets to an Asian destination that you haven’t visited yet. Don’t make too many plans. Just book the tickets and make hotel reservations. Let your creativity make your trip exciting.
Doing things together
28. Start on a new hobby together. Enrol in a dance class, painting class or you can both learn a new sport.
29. Stay healthy together. Enrol yourselves in a fitness club so you can work out together after work.
30. Clean up your house together. Then find some things that you can donate to a charitable institution.
31. Visit an orphanage or home for the aged and donate money, food, or used clothing.
32. Chat with your spouse during break time using Skype.
Pamper Each Other
33. Wives, mark a “His Day” in your calendars. During this day, you will treat your husbands like kings. Make sure that you follow his every command.
34. Husbands, mark a “Her Day” in your calendars. During this day, you will treat your wives like queens. Unleash your imagination so you can really make your wife happy.
35. Surprise each other by serving breakfast in bed! Make it extra special by cooking your spouse’s favourite breakfast dish. Serve it with flowers and chocolates.
36. Buy something that your spouse has always wanted to buy but never got to doing it. Order it online so you can see your spouse’s reaction when the package arrives at your doorstep.
37. Husbands, surprise your wives by giving her chocolates and flowers on an ordinary day. When she asks you “why”, answer her by saying “Just because…”
38. Wives, surprise your husbands by cooking a sumptuous feast for him on an ordinary day. When he asks you “why”, answer him by saying “Just because…”
39. Have a leisurely bath with hundreds of petals floating on the water.
40. Get your running shoes ready and head out for the sports stadium early in the morning. What better way to start the day than ‘couple -jogging’?
41. Unleash the fearlessness in you. Go on an extreme sport adventure like bungee jumping, ballooning, motor racing or ziplining.
42. Join a fund run together. Not only will you be able to help a worthy cause but you also get to run together.
43. Indulge the child in you and go to an amusement park to enjoy the rides. Dare each other to ride the scariest ride.
44. Play a video game together. You can go against each other or join forces to fight against a virtual enemy.
Cultural and Educational
46. Check out the theater listing and book tickets for a play that interests you both.
47. Learning is a continuous process. So why don’t you pretend to be students for a day and go to the city library to read books together?
48. Art appreciation isn’t reserved only for those who are art fanatics. You and your spouse can visit art exhibits and pretend to be art critics for a day. Discuss your views and see if there is a picture or painting that you both like.
49. Visit a museum. Appreciate culture and history together.
50. Head out for the Science Centre. Learn the secrets of Science together as you check out exhibits and do the experiments. There’s no age limit to learning!
There you have it! 50 fun things to do with your other half!