Puppy saves baby's life in the most amazing way!
In an amazing tale, a puppy saves an unborn baby's life by alerting the pregnant mother that she's having a miscarriage
Dogs truly are man's best friend.
She didn't even know what was happening
An unborn baby was saved when the family dog started barking, and alerted pregnant mom Jade Ambrose that her water had broken.
She was 33 weeks pregnant with her son, Oliver, when she started bleeding and her water broke. She didn't even know that she was having a miscarriage until her loyal puppy, Lola, started barking.
The puppy's barking woke her up, she was immediately taken to the hospital where doctors managed to prevent the miscarriage of her baby boy. Eight weeks later, her healthy son, Oliver, was born.
They share a special bond
Jade believes that her special bond with her dog Lola is the reason why her son is alive today.
She shares, "At first we didn't realise what was going on when Lola woke us and thought she must have been barking at something outside, but then we realised she was barking at me."
"It was only when I got up to go to the loo that I realised I was losing blood. Doctors told me that if I had not gone to hospital when I did I would have had to go ahead with the delivery that night, and who knows what would have happened."
She adds, "I don't know whether Lola detected a problem with the heartbeat or it was just doggy intuition - but whatever it was, we will be eternally grateful to her."
Having pets is a wonderful thing
Stories of pets that have saved their owner's lives are pretty common. And while not all pets save their owner's lives, there are a lot of other benefits that having a pet can bring a family.
Here are some of them:
- Pets can help with learning. Pets are a good way to teach children responsibility, and how to take care of animals. Teaching kids at a very young age will encourage them to be responsible pet owners later on in life.
- Pets bring comfort. Anytime you're feeling down, you can always turn to your pets to make you happy. Even just watching fish can make people feel relaxed.
- Pets encourage a nurturing behavior. Having a pet at home teaches your family to be more loving and compassionate since animals need to be loved and cared for.
- Pets keep your children healthy. Some studies have shown that having pets can actually reduce a child's chances of getting certain allergies. The bacteria in an animal's mouth has also been theorized to strengthen a child's immune system when the animal licks them.
- Pets bring the family together. Most families bond by playing with their pets or through taking care of their pets together. It's a great way of bringing the family closer together, and it's such an amazing feeling to see an animal return the love that you're giving it.
Be sure to check out theAsianparent Community for more insightful stories, questions, and answers from parents and experts alike. If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the topic, please share them in our Comment box below. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ to stay up-to-date on the latest from theAsianparent.com Philippines!