A mom dumps her 7-month-old baby in a box near a rubbish collection centre after a heated argument with her husband. At that time, the province she resides in experienced a heatwave. Despite this, she abandoned her infant as punishment against the baby’s father.
In this article, you’ll read:
- Mom Dumps Baby After Fight With Husband
- Mom Says She’s Guilty About Dumping Her Baby
- Tips on Parenting an Infant (0-1 Year)
Mom Dumps Baby After Fight With Husband
A mom from Yiwu in Zhejiang province in eastern China dumps her nearly 7-month-old baby in a box. The province’s recent weather forecast warned residents of a heatwave. Unfortunately, this didn’t stop the mom from throwing her baby in a box after fighting with her husband.
According to the reports, she left her infant in a cardboard box as a punishment for her husband. The couple got into a heated argument in the afternoon before the incident. Afterwards, she left the baby outside despite knowing the temperatures in the region reached 40 degrees Celcius.
CCTV footage caught her cruel act of revenge. During the incident, the woman donned a white t-shirt and denim shorts. She was holding the baby with her hands while walking towards a nearby rubbish collection centre.
Through the footage, people noticed that the woman stopped as soon as she reached the station. After that, she bent down and placed her baby inside a cardboard box.
Afterwards, the mom took a photo of her baby inside the box and sent it to her husband. She then left the scene, leaving her 7-month-old infant behind.
Image from iStock
Mom Says She’s Guilty About Dumping Her Baby
After leaving her baby, the mom stopped in front of a shop and looked back in the direction where she came from.
Shortly after the woman left the infant, a passerby saw the child. The person immediately calls for the police to investigate the incident. Fortunately, the infant sustained no injuries after being examined by a doctor.
The police then released a statement regarding the incident. Concerning that, they said that the woman felt guilty after leaving the baby.
In addition, the mom said she had no intention of abandoning her own child. At that time, she was just trying to vent her anger toward her husband after they fought.
The mom also claimed that she stayed close by. As of writing, the incident is still under police investigation.
The Incident Gained Lots of Negative Reactions From the Netizens
The CCTV footage of the incident was posted online; it garnered more than 2 million views on social media.
Because of that, many Chinese social media users reacted to the incident. Most were shocked and furious about the woman’s behaviour toward her child.
Many netizens believe that the woman should never have done such a thing to her child. For them, it must never be an act that a mom should ever do to a child.
Meanwhile, some netizens hoped to learn more about the couple’s fight. They wondered what the husband did that pushed her wife to do such a thing to their child.
Other internet users, on the other hand, began presuming the worst-case scenario that could have happened due to the woman’s carelessness.
Image from iStock
Tips on Parenting an Infant (0-1 Year)
Becoming a parent will never be easy, especially for an infant. Parenting a toddler requires a lot of extra care and attention. Additionally, fights between spouses affect your relationship with your children whether you like it or not.
To prevent misunderstandings, you need to balance and manage the relationship between your spouse and kids. Be a better parent by learning how to cope with anger while in front of your kids. Here are some tips to help you out:
- Communicate with your kids. As parents, we should always talk to our kids. In that way, they will be more comfortable conversing with us. Eventually, your voice could be capable of calming your child.
- Introduce music to your child. If you can, you might want to try singing to your baby; if not, you can play music for them. It will be helpful for your child to develop their love for music. More importantly, you may use music to distract your child from inevitable arguments between spouses,
- Compliment them when they do good deeds. It is not hard to express praise and admiration to children when they do something good. Parents should not be hesitant to praise their babies and give them lots of loving attention. This also helps in boosting their confidence in their skills.
- Spend time with them. Time flies so fast; you can hardly notice your baby growing so fast. You might as well spend time cuddling and holding your baby. This tip helps strengthen your bond with your kids.
- Do not forget about yourself. While your baby needs to be cared for, remember parents must also take care of themselves. Parenting will never be easy; you should also care for yourself physically, emotionally, and mentally.
- Set an example and communicate with your spouse and kids. Arguments usually happen due to miscommunication between two parties. Encourage your kids to speak up by talking things out before letting your anger take over. By doing this, you set a good example for your kids that prevents them from bottling up their emotions.
This article has been republished with the permission of theAsianparent Singapore.