If you’re meeting your baby during the yuletide season, it’s indeed the season to be jolly! Here are some Christmas-inspired baby names you can consider for your December baby.
What can you read in this article?
- Traditional and quirky Christmas-inspired names for boys
- Traditional and quirky Christmas-inspired names for girls
- Names that mean gift, light, angel and so much more!
Which one of these baby names will you choose for your special Christmas miracle?
“It’s the most wonderful time of the year,” as the song goes. Indeed, there’s something special about the Christmas season. There’s festivity and joy in the air. We look forward to Christmas day with so much excitement as we celebrate the Lord’s most wonderful gift to the world.
And hey, you’re expecting your very own special gift coming soon too! While receiving it on any other month is still worth celebrating, you’re now given another reason to be merry about the month of December. So if you’re still thinking about baby names, why not choose one that describes how special this beautiful season is?
There are a lot of Christmas-inspired baby names to choose from. From the obvious and traditional (but still cute) ones like Noelle and Nicholas, to more unique-sounding ones like Paxton or Wren.
Whether you want a name that describes how the season makes you feel (like Snow or Winter) or what it reminds you of (carolers, light and joy), or simply because you’ll be expecting your most wonderful gift, you can add that Christmas element to your baby’s name. It doesn’t all have to sound foreign though. There are also some cool Filipino names that can remind you of the season.
So if you’re still on the lookout for the perfect name for your December baby, have a look through our list of Christmas-inspired baby names, perfect for boys and girls.
Christmas-inspired baby names for boys
Need some baby names for your Little Drummer Boy? Here are a few for your mini man of the house:
- Alfred – meaning “Christmas elf”
- Ambrosio/Ambrose – meaning “child of light”
- Angelo – refers to angel
- Balthazar – named after one of the three kings
- Caspar, Gaspar, Jasper – named after one of the three kings, meaning “bringer of treasure”
- Christian – meaning “Follower of Christ”
- Cole – a diminutive of Nicholas, whch means “victory of the people.” Also, a play on the word “coal”, used for cozy fires to roast your chestnuts.
- Cristobal – a unique, Christmas inspired name, which means ‘bearer of Christ’.
- Emmanuel – meaning “God is with us”
- Epifanio – meaning epiphany or “bringing light”
- Felix – meaning happy or fortunate
- Gabriel – Christmas angel, the angel who announced the coming of Jesus
- Jack – meaning “God is gracious”
- Jesus – because what name can remind you of Christmas than the main man itself?
- Joseph – named after Mary’s husband
- Jose Mari – named after Jesus’ mother and earthly father
- Melchor/Mel – named after one of the three kings
- Nathaniel – meaning “gift from God”
- Nazareth – The hometown of Jesus.
- Nicholas – In Greek, means “victory of the people”. From Saint Nicholas, the patron saint of children, who Santa Claus is based on
- Noel – French for “Christmas”
Quirky Christmas inspired baby names can be fun and unique!
- Amwar – meaning “one who is bright as light”
- Asher – meaning fortunate or blessed
- Avery – meaning “Christmas elf”
- Claus/Klaus – the bringer of presents
- Dasher – one of Santa’s dashing reindeer
- Donner/Donny – another one of Santa’s reindeer who helps him deliver presents
- Frost – as in, Frosty the Snowman
- Giftson – your son was the most precious gift you received this Christmas.
- Malachi/Malakai – meaning “God’s messenger”
- Mathis – meaning “gift from God”
- Neve – in Latin means “Snow”
- Night – Oh holy night, oh silent night – something you’ll be wishing for when your baby has colic
- North – referring to the direction of the star leading to Baby Jesus
- Pax/Paxton – meaning “peace”
- Rudolph/ Rudolf – named after the most famous reindeer of all in the song
- Tenzel – a twist on “tinsel”, the shiny Christmas decorations
- Yule – meaning”Winter solstice”
Will you be having a December baby? Choose one of our Christmas inspired baby names for your bundle of joy!
Baby names for girls
Are you expecting a little girl and are still looking for the right name? What could be better than a name that reminds you of this beautiful season? Here are some baby names for your sweet Sugar Plum Fairy:
- Angelina, Angela, Angelica – all names meaning Angel
- Beatrice – meaning “she who brings happiness”
- Belen – Spanish of Bethlehem, meaning “house of bread.”
- Bella, Belle – inspired by Christmas bells
- Beth, Bethany -inspired by Bethlehem, the city where Jesus Christ was born
- Carol, Caroline – as in Christmas carol or carolers
- Clara – meaning bright
- Dorothy/ Dorothea – meaning “gift from God”
- Elena/Helena – meaning “bright, shining light”
- Emmanuelle – female version of Emmanuel, meaning”God is with us”
- Evangeline – meaning “bearer of good news”
- Faith – a virtuous name for your blessed little one.
- Gabrielle – female version of Gabriel
- Gloria – meaning immortal glory or praise
- Grace/ Gracie – meaning “effortless beauty”
- Hope – remember the days when you were still trying to conceive? You never gave up hope, and here she is now.
- Josephine – female version of Joseph
- Joy – because your baby will bring you lots of it!
- Lucia – meaning light
- Mary – mother of Jesus Christ. also,
- Merry – as in “Merry Christmas,” meaning joyful or happy
- Natalia/ Natalie/ Natasha – meaning “born at Christmas”
- Noelle/ Noelleen – French for Christmas
- Ruby – favorite color used during Christmas, and the original birthstone for the month of December.
- Stella/Estella/Estelle – representing the star followed to find Baby Jesus
Every baby is a blessing! 52 baby names that means your baby is blessed
50 December baby names with meaning para sa iyong baby boy
Looking for a good name for baby? 56 Baby names that means success
- Berry – if you can have names like Apple and Plum, why not Berry, the fruit found abundantly during Christmas?
- Bituin – Filipino for star
- Cady – is associated with the French word ‘cadeaux’, which means “present”
- Candy – in Hebrew means “dazzling white.” Also reminds you of candy canes. Sweet, just like how you want your little girl to be
- Clarice – diminutive of Clara, which means bright. Also, Clarice is the name of the female reindeer who likes Rudolf just the way he is.
- Deer – gentle and beautiful woodland creatures
- Eira – meaning “very snowy”
- Elfina – feminine take on Santa’s little helpers.
- Hermione – popularized by the famous character in Harry Potter, but this name actually means messenger
- Holly/ Hollie – named after beautiful winter berries
- Neve/Neva – meaning snow
- Serafine, Serefine – meaning angel
- Shay/Shey – meaning gift
- Sherry – reminds you to give a toast for the arrival of your lovely little bundle of joy in your life
- Snow – what better to remind us of the Christmas season than snow (either real or imagined)?
- Star/ Starla/ Starr – the three wise men followed a star which led them to Jesus
- Tala – Meaning “bright star” in Filipino
- Tashia – diminutive of Natasha, meaning “born at Christmas”
- Winter/ Wynter – cold season commonly associated with Christmas
- Wren – a small winter bird
What are your favorite things associated with Christmas? With a bit of creativity, you can turn them into unique baby names!
Such adorable names! We hope you find the one that’s as beautiful and as meaningful to you as this season is.
Republished with permission from theAsianparent Singapore
Additional information by Camille Eusebio