Celebrate Thanksgiving with these delectable turkey recipes!
Our double delight of turkey recipes has you covered from roasting the bird and making the gravy to reworking and relishing the leftovers.
Thanksgiving is a big American holiday. Even if it's not a Filipino tradition, some have adopted the celebration here not only because we Filipinos love to eat, but also because it’s another excuse to get together with family and friends and share our blessings with others.
Obviously too, the traditional turkey served during Thanksgiving is much healthier than the cholesterol-laden lechon we feast on during fiestas.
So why not begin a new tradition in your family this year? Show how grateful you are for bounties received by preparing and serving these terrific turkey recipes.
- a turkey (dressed and cleaned)
- salt and pepper
- white sausage
- turkey drippings, all-purpose flour, butter, red wine, salt and pepper (for the gravy)
- Rub the turkey with salt and pepper.
- Mix the bread, milk, and egg together until the bread absorbs the milk and egg.
- Add corn, small cubes of sausage, and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff mixture into the turkey.
- Rub the turkey with salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- Roast in a 375° F oven. Allot about an hour of roasting for every kilogram of turkey.
- Save the drippings for the gravy.
- Brown some all-purpose flour in a pan. Add butter.
- Strain the drippings into the cooked flour and butter.
- Add red wine. Simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper.
For the extras or trimmings, Chef Gino recommends fruit salad, mashed potatoes, and succotash (lima beans, corn, and carrots).
The next turkey recipe comes from Clara Olé, whose products and pasta sauces are reliably tasty and always convenient to use. It was also featured in Chef Heny Sison's A Taste of Life - Thanksgiving episode on November 6, 2005. Obviously, yummy-ness never goes out of style.
Kids can help make this delicious wrap that contains their beloved spaghetti sauce and eat it with either smoked turkey or the roasted variety.
- 5 pieces flour tortillas, small
- 5 slices smoked turkey, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 pouch Clara Olé Spaghetti Sauce Sweet Style 250g
- 1/2 pouch Clara Olé Mushroom Pasta Sauce 250g
- 200 grams mushroom, in can, sliced
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- sour cream, as needed
- Mix together Clara Olé Spaghetti Sauce Sweet Style and Clara Olé Mushroom Pasta Sauce.
- Spread spaghetti sauce over the center of each tortilla.
- Top with turkey strips, mushroom and cheese.
- Drizzle with more spaghetti sauce.
- Heat in microwave and fold tight.
- Serve with sour cream.
Visit Clara Olé's Facebook page for more easy-to-make recipes.
Do you have other turkey recipes to share for a happy and hearty Thanksgiving?
About the author: Regina Posadas
If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the topic, please share them in our Comment box below. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ to stay up-to-date on the latest from theAsianparent.com Philippines!