Students from Pangasinan and La Union have constructed a Christmas Village wherein the decorations are made out of purely recycled materials!
The students worked hard to create the decorations
The students from Pozzorubio, Pangasinan used various recycled materials such as hay, coconut husks, ipil-ipil husks, and various seeds in order to create their awesome decorations.
Some of them even used old slippers and bottlecaps as materials in order to create Christmas trees. Constructing the decorations were a part of their math class, and the students used numbers as well as left snippets of math trivia in their decorations.
Meanwhile, students from Agoo, La Union used slippers and old bottlecaps in order to create Christmas trees. They also used other recycled materials such as straws, tissue rolls, CDs, and plastic cups. The students took 2 weeks in order to create 12 Christmas trees.
The students are currently waiting on a decision as to who will win the grand prize for the most beautiful tree.
Take a look at their amazing decorations in the video below:
Recycling should be taught at a young age
These days, recycling and “going green” are common buzzwords that are used mostly by businesses. However, there’s no reason why families can’t do their part and try to lessen their waste through recycling.
Here are some important tips:
- Teach your kids the importance of recycling at a young age. Recycling isn’t just a way of reusing old things, it’s also a means of reducing trash, and thereby reducing the waste that goes into the environment.
- Teach kids how to segregate garbage, and make sure to segregate garbage at home.
- Practice throwing away less waste.
- Every little thing counts. Make sure your kids don’t simply throw their trash away, wwand teach them to pick up any waste that they find on the ground, whether it’s theirs or not.
- Encourage your family to use fewer products with non-biodegradable packaging, and to instead lean more towards using recyclable containers.
Source: news.abs-cbn.com, learningliftoff.com
READ: Christmas gift ideas to make moms happy during the holidays!