Delicious Peanut boat tart recipe that'll make you go nuts
Whether you are making them to eat, sell or share, this Peanut Boat Tart recipe is one that you are sure to love!
Boat tarts and tartlets are great for snacking on at home, and also work as small-portion desserts. What's great about them is that you can also sell them or give them away as presents over the holidays.
You can mix and match your tartlet filling to suit your taste. A good place to start is this Peanut Boat Tart recipe from pinoyrecipe.net.
How to make Peanut Boat Tart
½ of an egg
½ cup icing sugar
1½ cups plain flour
a pinch of salt
Peanut Tart Filling:
1½ of an egg
½ cup sugar
1/3 cup maple syrup or corn syrup
1 tbsp. melted butter
½ tsp. vanilla extract
¾ cup finely chopped peanuts + extra for toppings
3 pcs. Graham crackers, crumbs (optional)
Colored cellophane, (optional)
- In a bowl mix sifted flour, icing sugar, salt, butter and egg until becomes dough and knead. Sprinkle some flour to your working area and knead it to form a ball and wrap in a cling film. Refrigerate the dough for about 25 to 30 minutes or until it is workable state.
- To make the Peanut filling, combine all the filling ingredients and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- When the dough is ready, cut 24 equal portions and flatten each pastry ball on a flour and place each dough on a prepared tart molds. Press dough in the mold by circular motion, using your thumbs then tidy up the edges with your index fingers. Prick the dough with fork to get rid air pockets and to avoid the dough from shrinking when baking.
- Pour filling about 2/3’s full into each mold.
- Arrange Peanut Boat tarts on a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes or until pastry turns light brown and filling gets firm. Remove tarts from the oven and let it cool completely, before removing from the moulds to prevent from cracking.
- You can wrap in any colored cellophane if desired, or store in an airtight container.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Patricia de Castro-Cuyugan
If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the topic, please share them in our Comment box below. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ to stay up-to-date on the latest from theAsianparent.com Philippines!x