Beauty queens are judged against very high standards. We would suppose that the products they choose to use are top-quality and first-rate, especially when it will affect not only themselves but also their loved ones.
Here are the mommy and baby products that Miss Philippines 2011 Shamcey Supsup-Lee used when she was pregnant and will be using now that she has given birth. Shamcey, who placed 4th in the Miss Universe pageant and also topped the architect licensure exam, shared the carefully chosen beauty queen-approved items on her Instagram account.
1. Beauties and Babies Glamourbox (P595)
This was the first gift she received when she found out that she was pregnant. On her Instagram post about it, she added the hashtag #firstgrandchild so it could have been a gift from her parents or in-laws. The box contains:
- Eden’s Paradise Whitening Blue Salve
- Natasha Beauty Heel Mate
- Mustela 9 Months Comfort Nursing Balm and Stretch Marks Double Action
- Mustela Bebe Vitamin Barrier Cream and Physiobebe Cleansing Fluid
- Baby Sebamed Baby Bubble Bath and Children’s Shampoo*
- Milea Baby Sniffles Balm and Sleep Balm
- Li’l Tots Baby Wipes
Order it from the Glamourbox website.
*Or Messy Bessy Bug Repellent Cologne and Toy and Surface Cleaner
READ: Shamcey Supsup gives birth to beautiful baby girl Nyke
3 days before giving birth, Shamcey posted another photo of all the baby and mommy things she prepared before Nyke’s arrival. Find out what they are in the next page.
Some look like gifts she received from her baby shower!
2. Arm’s Reach Ideal Co-Sleeper Bedside Bassinet 9112-BT (P15,999.75)
For co-sleeping safely, this bassinet can be attached to your bed. It can also be converted into a free-standing bassinet and playpen. Buy it from the All Things Baby website.
3. Huggies Ultra Diapers and Gentle Care Baby Wipes
The Moses basket on the co-sleeper is filled with Huggies disposable diapers and wet wipes. Huggies Ultra promises that its pads are soft and hypoallergenic. Plus, they can protect your baby for up to 12 hours! On the other hand, Huggies Gentle Care Baby Wipes are “enriched with aloe vera and Vitamin E” – perfect for baby’s sensitive skin.
4. Cradle Bottle and Nipples Cleanser
“Made from natural and edible ingredients found in plant extracts,” Cradle makes sure that babies are not unnecessarily exposed to harsh chemicals that may be found in other dishwashing products. Available from their partner retailers.
5. Philips AVENT Natural and Advanced Feeding Bottles
Philips AVENT guarantees “superior quality products” that “help to support the choices you make, whether breastfeeding, bottle feeding or combining the two.” The Natural line feeding bottles claims to be “the most natural way to bottle feed,” while the Advanced line is all about reducing fussiness through its anti-colic system.
What are the other items she received? Check them out on the next page.
6. Mustela Newborn Set (P2,990)
Mustela offers “safe and effective skincare for babies and mothers with increasingly natural formulas.” The set contains:
- Foam Shampoo for Newborns 150ml
- Dermo Cleansing Gel 200ml
- Vitamin Barrier Cream 50ml
- Body Lotion with Cold Cream 200ml
- Physiobebe No Rinse Cleanser 300ml
- Cleansing Milk 200ml
- Soothing Comfort Balm 40ml
- Cleansing Milk 50ml
- Physiobébé No Rinse Cleansing Fluid 50ml
- Dermo Cleansing Gel for Hair and Body 50ml
- Hydrabébé Body Lotion 50ml
- Post Partum Restructuring Gel 10ml
- Nursing Comfort Balm 3ml
- Vitamin Barrier Cream 10ml
All of their products are touted as hypoallergenic and free from parabens, phthalates, pehnoxyethanol, alcohol and essential oils. Available in Mustela kiosks and partner stores nationwide.
7. Belly Bandit Bamboo (P3,295)
For moms who want to quickly return to their pre-pregnancy figure, this binder promises to “smooth out post baby ‘spare tire’ so you look slimmer and feel better.” Mothercare Philippines is the distributor of Belly Bandit.
8. Baby clothes from Mothercare
Baby girls are especially fun to dress up! Mothercare offers a wide variety of clothes so you can do just that.
Now you know what a beauty queen uses for herself and her baby!
READ: What kids must learn to become ‘confidently beautiful with a heart’
If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the topic, please share them in our Comment box below. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ to stay up-to-date on the latest from theAsianparent.com Philippines!