A quick and easy Yema recipe for Filipino moms
Looking for a way to earn cash on the side? Why not jump into making little Filipino treats? Start off with this Yema recipe and rake in the cash today!
Yema, usually made up of condensed milk and egg yolks, is a soft and gooey candy that can be traced back to the Spanish era. Although the recipe's evolved over the years, people of all ages still crave for it today! Make and sell enough of these and you'll be raking in the money in no time.
Here's a quick and easy Yema recipe taken from filipino-recipes-lutong-pinoy.com to help you get started.
How to make Yema
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Yield: 20 pcs
2 medium sized cans condensed milk
3 egg yolks
1 tbsp margarine or butter
3 tbsp peanuts, chopped
toothpicks or cellophane for wrapping
1. Pour the condensed milk in a pot over low heat, and then add the egg yolks. Stir.
2. Add the margarine or butter, and keep on stirring until the mixture thickens. Add the chopped peanuts.
3. Stir continuously to avoid burning and sticking at the bottom of the pan. This will also ensure that it is evenly cooked.
4. Lower the heat once the desired consistency is almost achieved which is about 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Let the mixture cool off.
6. Scoop a spoonful of the mixture and start rolling it into a ball or shaping it into a pyramid with your hands.
7. If desired, you can roll them in sugar, stick them in toothpicks or wrap in cellophane or paper.
8. Serve on a dish with your desired presentation.
If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the topic, please share them in our Comment box below. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ to stay up-to-date on the latest from theAsianparent.com Philippines!