13 Single Parent Dating Tips - The Do's and Don'ts!
13 Single Parent Dating Tips: Read these dating tips to help you find the perfect mate.
Are you a single parent and looking to build a relationship with a partner? Make single parent dating easier for yourself and your potential mate with this list of Do’s and Don’ts:
- Do decide what your dating goals are. Is the date just for fun or are you looking for a potential life mate? Be clear and honest with yourself.
- Do ask lots of questions and be straight up about having children. Never pretend you don’t have any, just to get a date.
- If your children are old enough to understand, let them know that you’re dating.
- Take your time before introducing a prospective new family member, but make sure that you keep your kids well informed.
- Do stick to your dating criteria and don’t be swayed just because you’re having a good time.
- Don’t forget that if your date doesn’t have children, chances are that they don’t necessarily want to chat about your kids constantly. And don’t be mad at them because of it. It’s natural.
- Don’t talk about your children or ex-wife in detail until you’re really comfortable with the person you’re dating.
- If someone can’t grasp your role as a mother or a father and the commitments the title entails, dump them immediately.
- Make sure that your prospective partner understands the shared responsibilities of being part of your family.
- If you find that your date doesn’t take to your children you have probably been dating the wrong person.
- If you don’t want any more children, be clear from the outset. If you have 2 children and you are 39, enough may be enough.
- Don’t let your kids views on your date influence your own judgment. A child may be jealous of losing attention.
- Don’t stress out. Dating as a single parent can be stressful at first, but you’ll get back into the swing of things in no time. Just remember to relax and enjoy yourself.
If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the topic, please share them in our Comment box below.