30 Fun but affordable date ideas for married couples!
Not sure where to spend quality one-on-one time with your better half? Here's some simple ideas to bring on the romance without breaking the bank!
Even if you’ve been together for ages or you’re still newlyweds, there’s no denying the importance of “date nights,” to relax, reconnect, and to strengthen your bond.
Marriage takes work and making time for one another is one of the most important ways to show you care enough to make an effort. It is also a way to reassure your spouse that the romance hasn’t gone out the window despite the many, often dreary, responsibilities of daily life.
This is even more true for mommies and daddies, who often forget to indulge in ‘me time’ as well as ‘we time.’
Who says date nights have to be expensive? Here are 30 romantic ideas for budget-conscious couples!
1. Grab your camera and go to the mall or free tourist spots and ask random people to take your photos in sweet poses.
2. Buy or borrow a kiddie pool, fill it with bubble bath, and soak in it while listening to romantic music or drinking (cheap) wine.
3. Go on a walking tour of your city. (For instance, you can tour Intramuros, Escolta, and the National Museum in one day. Or go on a food crawl in Binondo for cheap eats.)
4. Glam up your bedroom to make it look like a hotel. (This sometimes means doing the laundry and placing fluffy towels on the bed)
5. Watch the fireworks together. (Local malls like SM Mall of Asia hosts a grand fireworks display every Saturday evening.)
6. Bake your favorite desserts together! You can easily find easy recipes online.
7. Get a pen and stationery and write each other love notes. Hide them all over the house!
8. Go to the grocery and shop on a budget, while enjoying various areas’ “free taste” offerings.
9. Go on a picnic at a nearby university or park. Just pack a bag or basket of takeout or homemade food and bring a blanket and umbrella.
10. Sit in a mall and people watch, making up stories of people you see passing by.
11. Write nice compliments about each other earlier in the week and then read them to one another over dinner!
12. Go on a “house shopping” spree and view homes and condo units—just for fun!
13. Volunteer together at NGOs or establishments that focus on advocacies you’re passionate about.
14. Go window shopping! Head to expensive furniture stores and look around, planning your future dream home.
15. Swap hobbies! Or better yet, try a new one together!
16. Play music together or sing karaoke at home! Don’t have a machine? You can always borrow one from a friend.
17. Play board games!
18. Go to a play ground and enjoy the swings and slides. Who says they’re just for kids?
19. Gather your favorite toys and snacks from childhood and head to the park. You can even bike or skateboard together, if you prefer!
20. Make a nice dinner and have a living room picnic, while feeding each other using your hands.
21. Set up a tent in your garden where you can just chat and cuddle. Experience the “great outdoors” without even leaving the house!
22. If the weather isn’t cooperating, set up your own magical blanket and pillow fort at home.
23. Get all dressed up and play music while dancing together at home! Get silly or get closer, it’s up to you.
24. Go to the ukay-ukay or tiangge and purchase the least expensive gift you can get for one another!
25. Want to see a play or musical, but tickets are too expensive? Check if local school and universities are staging shows, as tickets are usually more affordable!
26. Purchase face and body paint and indulge your inner artist, using each other’s bodies as a canvas.
27. Take a hike! Nearby hiking destinations don’t cost a lot and will usually only require a day trip.
28. Write encouraging words on post-its and leave them all over the mall for people to find
29. Make popcorn and watch a classic film or a scary movie!
30. Read lines from your favorite book to one another.
Do you have any date ideas to add to this list? Let us know in the comments below!