Beyoncé is pregnant with twins and loving it. Check her out here!
Beyonce is expecting twins with husband Jay Z and she is jubilant about it. While she is glowing away to glory and seems to be on a healthy, balanced diet, are you? Pregnant with twins? Here's what you should be eating.
Beyoncé Knowles Carter announced on Instagram this news of her being pregnant with twins. She and her husband are already parents to daughter Blue Ivy. The singer posted a picture on Instagram and wrote, “We would like to share our love and happiness. We have been blessed two times over. We are incredibly grateful that our family will be growing by two, and we thank you for your well wishes. – The Carters”. Sigh!
One look at the picture and you know the pregnancy glow has taken over the gorgeous lady. While the due date or other details have not been shared yet, we wish the family many congratulations. Here's a picture of Beyonce with her husband and daughter. Cute, aren't they?
As soon as you get pregnant---or for that matter, plan to get pregnant---you know you are supposed to watch your diet. You have to not only make your body a healthy place for the baby to develop, but also ensure that you take proper nourishment for the same. While I do not agree with statements like ‘eat for two’, I do feel the need to watch what you eat is higher than ever before. But does that change if you are pregnant with twins? Do you need to be doubly careful? Do you actually need to eat for two? Here are some tips for you if you are pregnant with twins:
- Up your calorie intake: Yes, it’s not just an old wives' tale. Consult your physician and understand how much calorie intake is normal for your Body Mass Index (BMI), considering you are nurturing twins in your tummy. Also, more important than the number of calories is how you get these calories. Maintain a well-balanced diet and avoid over-eating.
- Have a vitamin and mineral fortified diet: Opt for food which is rich in essential vitamins and minerals for each meal during the day. While you may be on physician-prescribed supplements already, focus on increasing your levels of folic acid, calcium, magnesium, zinc, and iron, as well as several other vitamins and minerals to keep your babies healthy.
- Opt for meals covering all five food groups: Your daily meals should cover all five major food groups - fruits, vegetables, grains, protein, and dairy. This will ensure that you are getting the right balance of nutrients and minerals.
- Restrict the intake of junk food: Avoid having cakes, cookies, soda and fried foods. However, if you are really craving for it, have it, but in moderation. These are foods which will only lead to unhealthy weight gain, providing little nutritional value for your babies.
- Work on a daily meal chart: Create a meal chart and shop accordingly for all that you will need. A written plan ensures that you abide by it as well. A stray day when you aren’t up to following it, is fine. However, try and stick to the diet plan for your daily dose of nutrition for the twins and yourself.
- Stay hydrated: Drink enough fluids. Sip on water, tender coconut water, and other healthy alternatives through the day to ensure that you are hydrated. It will help with your babies’ blood flow and waste removal.
While the diet to be followed if you are pregnant with twins is more or less the same as if you are pregnant with one baby, it is essential to consult your doctor to get a go-ahead on the diet you intend to follow.
Be sure to check out theAsianparent Community for more insightful stories, questions, and answers from parents and experts alike. If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the topic, please share them in our Comment box below. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ to stay up-to-date on the latest from theAsianparent.com Philippines!