Saving energy is not only good for your budget, it’s also good for the earth. Less energy consumed means less fossil fuels burned for power generation. So let’s use this time to teach our children important lessons about living simpler, living smarter, and making more mindful choices!
Going green does not have to start with solar panels and electric vehicles, you can do little things at home to create great impact. Here are some smart energy-saving tips for your family:
- Be smart about your appliances
Using your aircon less is a simple solution. But there are many other ways to use your aircon and other appliances in a smart way:
- Invest in insulation.
- Use an airconditioner with a smart thermostat.
- Regularly clean your aircon to keep the vents clear.
- Buy energy-saving appliances. Newer appliances are often more energy efficient (read up on their energy consumption before buying), and some come with new technologies, like energy inverter tech. These technologies can make a significant impact on your electricity bill.
- Rethink how you use your appliances. You may think that leaving the lights on or letting the TV run in the background as you do something else, won’t cost you much. But the costs do add up. Turn off appliances and lights when you’re not using them and invest in energy-saving LED lights. Turn down the cooling on your refrigerator when it’s not full.
- Use energy-saving tools
I know, it’s another appliance, but this is cheaper than leaving your aircon on 24/7. On hot summer days, the “heat” we feel isn’t always related to the temperature. It’s just humidity in the air, so solve it with a dehumidifier
- Reduce time spent when rinsing with Downy 1banlaw.
Your washer and dryer could be responsible for as much as 13% of your electricity bill — not to mention a chunk of your water bill too!
Be smart when you do the laundry and use products like Downy 1banlaw. Instead of using multiple cycles to rinse your clothes, you’re done with just a single rinse! And when you cut down on your laundry cycles, you’re making big savings on electricity.
Best of all, using Downy 1banlaw saves your energy! All it takes is one rinse to make your clothes feel soft and smell fresh. And with less time spent on laundry, you have more time for other things, like spending time with your children.
- Use the power of nature to save energy
Open windows to cool the house free of charge. Or use the power of the summer sun to your advantage. Skip the dry cycle of your washing machine and dryer and air dry your clothes instead.
Get in control of that electricity bill. All it takes is some smart habits, a few smart appliances and smart tools to make your life easier like Downy 1banlaw.
Also read: Workout from Home: Easy Ways to Turn Your Home into a Gym