4-year-old girl dies after being run over by a motorcycle in Quezon City
A 4-year-old girl has died after she was run over by a speeding motorcycle in Quezon City. The driver was apparently racing with another motorcycle.
A 4-year-old from Quezon City has sadly died after she was run over by a motorcycle that was racing with another motorcycle in the area.
Britney Kate, the 4-year-old, was outside watching the fireworks display outside their home during New Year's eve celebrations in the area. Her father shares that he went back to their home to use the bathroom, and when he came back out, he saw his daughter lying unconscious on the road.
She was immediately taken to the nearest hospital for treatment, but sadly, she died soon after.
The entire incident was caught on CCTV cameras, and it can be clearly seen that the motorcycle that took Britney Kate's life was driving too fast since it was racing with another motorcycle.
Britney Kate's mother is devastated and still in shock about her beloved daughter's death.
Additionally, the LCSP, or Lawyers for Commuters' Safety and Protection, will be filing a case against the 21-year-old motorcycle driver.
Hopefully this incident will serve as a reminder for drivers to be more careful and responsible.
Go to the next page to learn more about road safety.
Staying safe on the road is very important since keeping our children safe is a top priority.
Here are some tips that you should always keep in mind:
- Hold their hand when crossing the road. This helps keep them safe, and you can guide them to cross the road safely.
- Teach them to always look both ways before crossing the street. For older kids who can cross the road on their own, make sure that they always look both sides to see any oncoming traffic before they cross the street.
- Make sure that they walk on sidewalks; well away from any traffic. Always walk on sidewalks, and never on the road.
- Teach them basic traffic signs, and to follow road signs, such as those for crossing. It's important for everyone to know, respect, and understand basic traffic signs and follow them.
- If they're biking on the road, make sure they always wear helmets and safety gear. Biking is a fun activity, but it can also be dangerous if you don't follow the necessary safety tips. Always make sure your children are wearing their helmets and safety gear at all times.
Be sure to check out theAsianparent Community for more insightful stories, questions, and answers from parents and experts alike. If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the topic, please share them in our Comment box below. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ to stay up-to-date on the latest from theAsianparent.com Philippines!