Pregnant girl found dead and hanging from a tree in Bataan
The 20-year-old was missing for 4 days before her body had been found hanging from a tree. She was 4 months pregnant when she died.
Angelique Charlotte Bulatao, 20, was found hanging from a tree in Pastolan Village in Hermosa, Bataan on January 30. She was four months pregnant.
She had been missing for 4 days
According to her neighbors, the half-Chinese, half-Aeta victim was last seen buying barbecue on January 27. At about 8am on January 30, she was found covered by a blanket and hanging from a tree.
Her relatives added that a wooden object was found inserted in her genitals.
"I could not believe this happened to her"
Her grandmother has been devastated by what happened to her. She shares, "I could not believe this happened to her. She was young and she didn’t have enemies."
She adds that her granddaughter's killers are "merciless", and "inhuman".
According to reports, she was last seen in the company of 4 laborers who were hired to work on a solar power plant project in the area.
They were drinking with the victim's mother
Three suspects have been arrested, including one of her uncles, and her mother's live-in partner.
According to the victim's mother, the men got her drunk, and once she was drunk, they raped her daughter, and killed her.
Currently, the police are looking for one more suspect. The suspects will be charged with rape with homicide for their crimes.
Keep your family safe
Preventing abuse should happen before any harm comes to you or your family. That's why it's important to know what you can do and what you should teach your kids so that they're always safe.
- Teach your kids to set their own boundaries and guidelines.
- Your kids should learn how to say no, especially to people who are making them feel uncomfortable or unsafe.
- Know the people your children interact with, and gauge if they are people that you can trust.
- Look out for the signs of abuse in children. Changes in diet, behavior, or their general demeanor can mean that something might be wrong.
- Teach your kids to speak up if anything happens to them. Constant communication is very important to prevent abuse.
- Always know where your kids are. It's important to always have an idea of where your children are, that way, if they get into any trouble, you know where to go so that you can help them.
Be sure to check out theAsianparent Community for more insightful stories, questions, and answers from parents and experts alike. If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the topic, please share them in our Comment box below. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ to stay up-to-date on the latest from theAsianparent.com Philippines!