Photo for illustration purposes only.
Whether you have a family get-together or are simply preparing for lunch, this Krispy Palabok recipe courtesy of Hiyas Modern Filipino Comfort Food in Kapitolyo, Pasig is sure to be a feast for the senses!
If you’re under a time crunch and want to whip up a quick and filling dish, then this recipe is definitely for you.
Ingredients for sauce:
2 cups shrimp stock
Fish sauce to taste
2 tbsp anato oil or powder (achuete)
3 tbsp cornstarch diluted in water
20 grams of chopped spring onion, divide into two
1-2 soft boiled egg (add more if preferred)
250 grams of smoked fish (tinapa)
1/4 kilo boiled and peeled shrimp
150 vermicelli noodles
1. For the Palabok sauce, boil shrimp stock, add fish sauce and anato oil, after a minute add cornstarch and half of the chopped spring onion. Cook for 2 minutes then turn off heat.
2. Remove skin and bones of smoke fish (tinapa) then shred to pieces and set aside.
3. Fry vermicelli in cooking oil until crispy then immediately remove from the pan (will take just a few seconds to cook). Place crispy vermicelli in a large serving container.
4. Top vermicelli with smoke fish, soft boiled egg and sprinkle with remaining spring onions.
5. Pour the Palabok sauce on top of the vermicelli just before serving. Kainan na!
If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the topic, please share them in our Comment box below. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ to stay up-to-date on the latest from theAsianparent.com Philippines!