Luna's Wicked Banana Cinnamon Cake
Baking for children is a fun, learning, and delicious experience. It gives them a creative outlet to exercise their motor and math skills, and it empowers them to do things by themselves. They have something to eat and share with the people around them at the end of it too!
Baking a cake is a fun activity to do with your kids.
They enjoy cracking eggs into the bowl, measuring the ingredients, mixing the chunky batter, greasing the pan, pouring the batter into the pan, and putting the pan into the oven.
But when they get used to baking the same cake using the same ingredients, they will want to add something exciting... a new ingredient, texture, color, etc.
So here's a recipe with a twist that I thought of on the spot: banana cake with chocolate syrup! My daughter, Luna, enjoyed making this cake, as you will see below.
Luna's Wicked Banana Cinnamon Cake ingredients:
1 cup Whey, Yogurt or Butter
1 cup Muscovado Sugar
3 mashed Bananas
2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
2 tsp. Cinnamon Powder
2 tbsp. Sesame Seeds (pre-soaked)
How to make this deliciously wicked cake.
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C. Mash the bananas. Set aside.
2. Pour sugar into the bowl.
3. Add the whey, yogurt or butter.
4. Mix Sugar and whey.
5. Add eggs. Remove the shell if it falls into the bowl.
6. Add in the mashed bananas. Mix well.
7. Fold in the flour, baking soda, cinnamon powder, and sesame seeds.
8. Mix well.
9. Pour batter in a greased baking pan.
10. Put it in the oven and let it bake for 30 minutes.
11. Remove the cake from the oven. Let it cool on a steel grill for a few minutes.
12. Puncture the cake with a chopstick, fork or toothpick.
14. Coat the cake with chocolate syrup.
15. Once cooled, slice the cake to let the syrup cover every side of the sliced portions.
16. Top with banana slices and sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon.
You can vary this recipe by using apples, strawberries, pears, or mangoes. You can also add your favorite dried fruit and nuts.
Now you have a fun activity for your kids and a delicious treat for your family.
If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the topic, please share them in our Comment box below. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ to stay up-to-date on the latest from theAsianparent.com Philippines!