“They told me about snuggles, and they told me about challenges, but most of them really didn’t go into too much detail.”
Parenting opens up a lot of unexpected avenues in life to which one did not even know one could even go, and most of which are as unpleasant as much as bewildering.
But soon parents find that these things are realities they have no choice but to endure.
One father candidly listed the 26 no bullsh*t realities every parent faces at one point or the other at Scary Mommy.
Clint Edward has been a father for almost nine years, and going into parenting he has been told that it would be rewarding.
“They told me about snuggles, and they told me about challenges,” he said. “Some parents told me about long nights, but most of them really didn’t go into too much detail.”
What they failed to mention, however, was the inherently odd and curious departments of parenting, “the way they can do surprisingly strange things that would make me question their sanity and my own.”
How many of these can you relate to?
1. Putting children to bed two hours late means getting up two hours earlier the next day
2. 90% of parenting is arguing over pants, basic hygiene, and how toast is cut
3. The fact that shoes come in pairs means that God hates parents
4. In the hands of a toddler, one granola bar can destroy the inside of a minivan
5. Modern parenting means keeping children away from smartphones
6. Parenting is more about poop than peekaboo
7. Wet wipes. So many wet wipes
8. Parenting makes you qualified to manage a nudist colony
9. 75% of parenting is screaming at children because they are screaming
10. Poop doesn’t easily go down a tub drain