Giving gifts are part of our culture of celebrating someone’s birthday, or even a culture of giving in any season. Sometimes, it is hard to think of something to give to someone, mostly if we do not have any idea of the recipient.
Even to the new parents, it may sometimes be hard to think of something to gift to their baby. The most common celebrations might be their newborn baby’s birthday, baptismal, monthly growing up, or any particular celebration with regards to their baby.
Choosing a perfect gift may be from the idea of getting the parent’s baby registry. If the registry is not available, and you want the baby to get the idea of a more customized and unique gift, this article is what you need to read.
Image from | pexels.com
What to consider in ideal gifts for babies
Looking for gifts for baby boys and girls is something that is not difficult to deal with. Choices are from lovely clothes to fun toys and stuff, there are many gift ideas to celebrate any occasion.
Whether it is your own baby girl or baby boy or simply you are buying one for your inaanak, be practical. Purchase something that will be useful and can be used for a longer time by the baby or parents and caregivers.
Of course, we should consider the age appropriateness of your idea of giving gifts to a baby. Buying a gift that is safe for a 9-month-old baby could not be safe for a 3-month-old baby.
We must also be attentive in looking at the age recommendation, design, chemical contents, toy safety, value, and longevity in checking out a gift.
We may also add the baby’s gender to the list of what to consider an ideal gift to give. Sometimes, the design of a baby boy’s clothes would not be appropriate for a baby girl.
A general list of what best gifts to include in your list of choices for babies
An idea of best gifts for a baby you may want to consider also something that can stimulate the baby’s senses.
It might look like babies do not have anything to do like eating or sleeping in repeat the whole day. But their first year of life is a groundbreaking shift in their development.
And even before they might be able to hold a toy. Babies are most likely ready to play it.
The best baby toys can engage the babies. Babies focus on the contrast that they can see or hear, and the sounds and kinesics they can create themselves.
The director of the Barnard College Center for Toddler Development and author of How Toddlers Thrive Tovah Klein accounts for the things that give babies feedback as good gift ideas.
She explains that a classic baby rattle when hit and moved, gives a sense of having a place in the world to the babies.
What to look out for in a baby gift store?
In their early months of development, babies also explore with their orality or mouth. It is better to give babies things that are not choking hazards.
Also, it is also good to give a baby something that is interesting to their tongue and make it simple.
These are the ideal gifts your recipient baby girl or boy should have in their early year of life:
- sensory toys for babies
- gifts exclusively for a baby girl or a baby boy
- play gyms, mats, and tables for babies
- activity toys for babies
- books for babies
- hygiene and health kits for babies
This list might be helpful for you to think of a specific gift. You might find different baby stores with these options to purchase a gift for the baby.
Also, you might want to ask the baby’s parents or their preference. Or if he is your own baby, you may ask your friends for a gift idea you should give the baby.
Image from | pexels.com
Best Bibs for Newborns: Picks Para No Mess sa Damit ni Baby
21 Best detergent para sa damit ni baby
Newborn Baby Checklist: All the essentials you need for Baby’s arrival
10 gift ideas your recipient baby girl or boy could receive
The following are the best-reviewed gift idea that you should give the baby. You can choose anything from this list.
- Classic baby beads – These colorful beads can be twisted, turned, and gummed for the baby’s interest.
- Wooden sensory blocks – Wooden sensory blocks use nontoxic colorful paint and are useful to stimulate a baby’s senses.
- Diaper bag + changing station backpack – This helpful and practical 3-in-1 diaper bag offers an on-the-go diaper changing station as well, and this backpack is something a parent should include in their baby gear assortment.
- Sensory balls – These sensory balls are easy to grab for your baby’s hands. These balls also come in bright colors and spiky shapes that feel great on their hand and tongue.
- A getting started kit for babies – This getting started kit for babies includes shampoo and wash, diaper cream, baby oil, and soap. This kit will help the baby’s skin be soft and clean. The contents come all in sizes perfect for on the go.
- Fat toy ringlets – These fat toy ringlets are gummy rings that taste good for little teethers and can link other toys to these items. These ringlets when linked with a high chair will keep them from falling.
- Magic music cube – Babies can make a cute song or symphony just by hitting a few buttons on each face of this cubic toy.
- Animal plushies – For babies, animal plushies are toys that can be their best friends. With their huge fluffy ears and soft bodies, it is best for babies to hug also.
- Crib mobiles – these hanging toys are lightweight, easy to assemble and settle, and attachable to most cribs. It is also attachable to the baby’s bed or stroller.
- Personalized baby blanket – This blanket is one of the best gifts for babies because of its soft material, color options appropriate for the baby’s gender, and large size for years of use. You can also have this blanket customized with the baby’s name. It is soft and cuddly so it won’t irritate the baby’s sensitive skin.
For babies 6 months and up you can buy them story books with many pictures. The parent may read it to them, as the baby browses the pages with many colorful images.
Image from Shutterstock
Easter gift ideas for baby girls and boys
Babies might not be able to do some Easter crafts, or might be able to join an Easter egg hunt. But they should not be left out of this hoppy season celebration.
In fact, babies are easier to buy with stuff and things for an Easter celebration. Here are the recommended Easter gift ideas for both baby boys and girls.
- Easter basket playset (Age 0+) – this is good enough for buyers who don’t have much time to curate an Easter basket for the baby as a gift. This comes with a carrot toy, a chick plushy, and more.
- Lamb infant baby slippers (size newborn) – Give the baby a gift that can warm his or her feet in booties that resembles a lamb.
- Baby cotton animal face hooded towel – This baby rabbit towel can make bath time more fun and cute. It is made of terry cotton. This cotton is tailored for babies.
- Baby bandana drool bibs – These bandana-like drool bibs can be complemented with any Easter dresses for babies while maintaining clean drooling.
Godparents and friends of the baby’s parents, be sure to include this list of items in buying gifts. Make your gift something cute and funny while being practical in its use.
Thinking and giving the best gifts are surely fun and lovely for adults, what’s more if the best gifts are for babies.
Here at theAsianparent Philippines, it’s important for us to give information that is correct, significant, and timely. But this doesn’t serve as an alternative for medical advise or medical treatment. theAsianparent Philippines is not responsible to those that would choose to drink medicines based on information from our website. If you have any doubts, we recommend to consult your doctor for clearer information.