Pia Wurtzbach shares that she wants to have a gay child
In an interview, Pia Wurtzbach shared that she would love to have a gay child as she considers gay people as one of the most caring people that she knows.
2015 Miss Universe Pia Wurtzbach shared in a recent interview that having a gay child isn't an issue for her. In fact, she shared that her dream child would be someone that would love to dress her up, do her make-up, and become her best friend.
She said in an interview that she would love to have a gay child
In one segment of an interview with TV host Boy Abunda, Pia was asked why she wants to have a gay child.
The former Miss Universe said, "Not to say na hindi ka aalagaan kung straight iyong anak mo, pero based on my experience, iba mag-alaga iyong beki."
"And gusto kong ma-experience iyong mayroon [anak akong] excited na bihisan ako, ayusan ako, alagaan ako — parang magiging best friend ko . . . Nai-imagine ko na iyong anak ko magiging best friend ko beki siya," she added.
Watch the video below:
What can you do if your child comes out as gay?
For some parents, having a gay child isn't a problem. In fact, some parents even feel relieved since they feel that their child has finally opened up to them. However, other parents, especially ones with religious objections, might find it difficult to deal with the fact that their child is gay.
As a parent here are some things to keep in mind:
- If you're having a hard time coming to grips with the fact that your child is gay, then it's important to understand how difficult it is for your child to "come out" and be honest with you about their sexuality.
- Talk to someone about it. It can be anyone, as long as it's someone that you can trust and who won't judge you or your child.
- Listen to what your child has to say. Your child opened up to you because they trust that you will understand them. So it would be best to set any prejudices aside and be a parent to your child. After all, their sexuality shouldn't have any bearing on your relationship as parent and child.
- Be open-minded. This is especially difficult for people who are very religious. However, it's important for parents to accept their child without any judgments and with full acceptance.
- Give yourself time to deal with it. Don't try and rush things. If you feel angry, frustrated, or sad, then let those emotions come out. It's not always easy for a parent to suddenly find out that their child is gay, so your feelings are valid. At the end of the day, the most important thing is that you're taking steps to understand your child. You're learning to accept them for who they really are.