1-Year-old found dead with severe burns, family points to yaya as suspect

Share this article with other moms

According to the child's family, they are angry about what happened since they initially offered to help the yaya when the latter didn't have work.

A 1-year-old baby was found dead with multiple burn marks and bruises last Wednesday, August 16. The boy's family is now looking towards his own yaya as the primary suspect.

They were barely able to recognize the 1-year-old

According to reports, John was left alone by his yaya. After some time, his aunt went in to play with the child, but was shocked to discover that he was not making a sound and was unresponsive.

John's uncle, Emil, added that they were barely able to recognize the 1-year-old due to the numerous burn marks on his face and mouth.

They immediately rushed him to a nearby hospital, but sadly the hospital staff was unable to save him.

The child died from asphyxiation

Based on an autopsy conducted by the NBI, they found that baby John died from asphyxiation. His mouth, neck, face, and his ears all had burns, and he had marks on his stomach and legs which indicate that he was tied up.

His family points towards Madel, John's yaya, as the primary suspect. According to his uncle Emil, they tried looking for Madel immediately after the incident, but she was nowhere to be found.

John's mother, Lia shared that Madel has been with them for close to a year, and that they offered the job to help her out when she was looking for work and a place to live. She adds that they're still in disbelief over what happened, especially since Madel has been taking care of John since he was only 3 months old.

Lia is a single mom, and thus needed a yaya to take care of her son while she was at work. She regrets that she didn't take the time to get to know Madel before hiring her. She also shared that she heard from one of their neighbors that Madel was a drug addict.

The family is planning to file murder charges against the suspect. Police are also on the hunt for Madel.

Source:  news.abs-cbn.com

READ: Mom accidentally burns son with hot water from a garden hose

Better Parenting Family Life