Make your tummy happy with this Sinigang recipe
For a quick and easy sinigang, try this recipe using sinigang sa sampaloc mix.
Do you love sinigang, but find it tedious to make the tamarind broth from scratch? Try this classic sinigang recipe made with the help of Maggi sinigang mix. Now you can quickly make this Filipino favorite anytime you want it.
How to make Pork Sinigang
½ kilo pork belly (liempo), cubed
1 liter water
2 medium tomatoes, quartered
1 medium onion, quartered
2 green finger chili (siling haba)
1 small radish, sliced
1 large eggplant, sliced
8 okra, sliced
4 string beans (sitaw), cut into 2 ½” pieces
1 22g pack sinigang sa sampalok mix
2 bundles water spinach (kangkong)
- Combine pork and water in a pot. Bring to a boil and remove the scum.
- Add tomatoes, onion and green chili. Simmer for 45 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Add radish and eggplant to the pot, and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add okra and string beans, and simmer for 2 minutes more.
- Empty the sachet of sinigang mix into the soup.
- Stir in the water spinach and remove from heat. Serve immediately.
Serves 7-9 persons.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Patricia de Castro-Cuyugan
If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the topic, please share them in our Comment box below. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ to stay up-to-date on the latest from theAsianparent.com Philippines!