A chicken veggie risotto recipe your kids are sure to love!
Get your child to cook and eat this Chicken Veggie Risotto in Coconut Milk with you on your next mealtime. It's easy to do and yummy to eat!
Most Filipino kids love to eat chicken, rice and sweet dishes at any time of the day.
It satisfies their body, fuelling them with the energy to get active and play.
So if you're planning to cook chicken in another way, then try this creamy Chicken Veggie Risotto in Coconut Milk.
This is a creamy rice dish mixed with vegetables and chicken, and enhanced with coconut milk and turmeric to infuse a distinctive sweet flavour that kids will have a palatable liking for.
To add more fun to your cooking, invite your child to help you cook. Let her throw in the vegetables and mix.
She will not only exercise her motor skills with this, but also heighten her sense of smell, vision and taste, as the colours and flavours of the ingredients mix.
Turn on to the next page to see the Chicken Veggie Risotto with Coconut Milk recipe.
1 tbsp. Coconut Oil
½ k. Chicken Breasts, diced
1 Onion, sliced
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 cup Corn Kernels
2 Tomatoes, diced
2 Carrots, peeled and diced
2 tbsp. Turmeric, minced
2 c. Brown Rice, soaked for 3 hours and rinsed
2 c. Coconut Milk
500g. Green Beans
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat the casserole with oil and cook the onion on low-medium heat, until it softens.
- Mix in the diced chicken, red bell peppers, green peppers, carrots, then the turmeric and a dash of salt.
- Add rice, coating it with the turmeric mixture.
- Pour in some water and the coconut milk, stirring for a couple of minutes.
- Cover the casserole and let it boil.
- Once boiling, mix in the tomatoes, corn, basil leaves, salt and pepper.
- Let it simmer and evaporate until it reaches the right consistency of the rice.
- When the rice is ready, transfer into a wide and hallow bowl. Use a wooden spatula to transfer the risotto so it breaks apart.
- Serve warm.
You may even substitute the chicken with tanigue or blue marlin.
Enjoy your meal!