How can you tell if your husband is cheating, or if you're just being paranoid?
Are you the type of person to automatically trust your gut feeling, or do you look for proof or evidence to know if your husband is cheating?
Jealousy in a marriage is pretty common, and it's normal for women to sometimes be jealous if they see their husband with a female friend or a female co-worker.
Most of the time, it's just petty jealousy, but for some women, they tend to become extremely paranoid and distrusting of their spouse, to the point that it starts to become a serious problem in their marriage.
So, how can you tell if your husband is cheating on you, or if you're just being paranoid?
Suspicion isn't healthy in your relationship
You're probably familiar with the torturous feeling that you get when you're suspicious of someone, especially your spouse.
Trust should always be the number 1 thing in your marriage. A lack of trust can create suspicion in your marriage when in reality, there's really nothing to be suspicious about. A lack of trust can cause a lot of problems and arguments in your marriage since your husband might feel frustrated that you can't trust him completely.
That's why if you think that you're the type of person to get jealous easily, it's important to work on building trust in your marriage. Try to think of ways to keep yourself occupied whenever you get feelings of jealousy.
12 signs to watch out for
On the other hand, it might also be the case that your suspicions are completely valid, and your husband is indeed doing something behind your back.
Here are 12 signs to watch out for if you think that your husband is cheating on you:
- He's consistently distracted or inattentive, unlike before.
- He suddenly starts to become more secretive about his phone, his email, his calls etc.
- Constantly checking his phone, or taking calls or sending texts in private places.
- He's spending a lot of time on social media.
- Something about your marriage is starting to feel different.
- He goes out at night, and he's vague about the places he went to.
- He stops being intimate with you.
- He sometimes lashes out without provocation, and easily gets angry.
- He stops talking to you about important matters.
- He starts to become more private
- The things he tells you start sounding more and more like lies, and his stories sound inconsistent.
- He gets defensive if you ask him about his whereabouts.
If you notice that a lot of these signs can describe your husband, then it might be a good idea to talk to him and confront him about it. It's important that you address your husband's cheating as soon as possible, since if you don't do anything about it, you're only making it worse for yourself.
Think before you act
The most important thing to remember is to always have a clear mind, and to think before you act. It's not good to act on your impulses without any thought, since that's a sign of immaturity and distrust in your marriage.
Do your best to be rational and think things through before acting on it. And if needed, talk to your husband so that you can sort out whatever problems you might have.